Obsessed with My Fluffs, Sexing Silkies?

View attachment 2133438 Glad you have such emotional attachment to your birds. I know it's hard to lose a pet, or worse,having to give any away. :D :fl
We have become very attached. My husband accused me of spending more time with them then the dog ever since they arrived. My 6 and 4 year old will just sit and watch them for hours. It’s crazy how much of a difference they’ve made for my 4 year old who is normally unable to sit still but will now sit outside the crate and talk to them and show them his toys. He’s also very gentle during supervised handling sessions.

I really hope Peeps gets to stay. For all of us. Thank you for the encouragement.

So sorry for the mishaps. Silkies tend to be one of the most difficult breeds to "sex" early. Generally you can't tell them apart till 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they crow or lay.
I don't know if the seller used other means to determine gender. In any case there is a 50-50 chance of being right or wrong :fl
That’s what I read. That they’re difficult to sex. I’ve been crossing my fingers and toes that Peeps turns out female. I keep picking him/her up and checking the wings, for a larger comb, comparing the feet 😂

it’s just a waiting game at this point.

Back
Top Bottom