Obsessive Chicken Disorder (OCD) help and support thread 😂😅🐔

Pics
I'm afraid that I check nearly every box on the "Chicken OCD" poster. We started with six chickens, just for fresh eggs. The next year, we got ten more. We stayed with that number, losing a few along the way, until we were down to eleven. Then, we had the brilliant idea of hatching chicks!! So, we welcomed James Beard, an Ameraucana, to the flock, and had Peeper hatch eight eggs. All hatched, and half were pullets, so we now have fifteen hens and one rooster. Yes, I tuck them in every night, and call them girls (even Mr. Beard). My nickname around the house is "Chicken Mom," but I usually forget to check the bottoms of my shoes when I come inside (much to the chagrin of my family). One thing that shows I'm totally hopeless is that I've memorized where the letters CHICKEN are on the keyboard.

Awesome thread!
I started out with a flock of 9ish chickens, was happy with a small flock, loved the eggs and enjoyed the experience. 💕
Than........

Chicken math happened!

Now I have a flock of 10 ducks, 5 standard chickens and 8, soon to be more bantams lol! I plan on having a rooster pen for my upcoming breeding project, and putting up breeding pens to do a small business selling bantam and standard chicks with a friend next summer. I would like to have Laughing chickens eventually as well.....
:oops:

Back
Top Bottom