Obsessive Chicken Disorder (OCD) help and support thread 😂😅🐔

Pics
This is the best pic I have right now. Can you see the polkie in it?
IMG_8060.JPG

Fluffy (mom) IMG_7781.JPG

Puffy (dad)
IMG_7242.JPG

Girls? I'm nore likely to call them ladies when I talk to them. I currently have 13 chickens, but 2 don't really count, because they're still chicks. And then the rooster probably doesn't count. Or the cockerel....

As far as tucking them in at night, this takes longer than you would think. I tell them, "Good night, ladies," and Daffodil beats me out the door. I put her inside and try to shut the door, but can't. Daffodil is in the doorway, following me out. I pick her up, put her on the perch, then watch her fly past me out the door to the entrance of the run. So I pick her up and put her inside, and this continues until I manage to get the door shut with her inside. It happens every night. Apparently she does not realize she is a chicken and needs to stay in the coop, not go to the house. Everyone else tucks in nicely. *sigh*

I started out as a chicken tender to two friends with flocks. After refusing to take money since I enjoyed it so much (one of the flocks I let free-range for about an hour at dusk because I know they are trained to go in at that time & will come to mealworms one the event they don’t automatically go back), they started leaving me a bottle of wine or restaurant gift cards 😂. I got 15 baby chicks of my own this summer...and 2 weeks later another 9....They all come running when I approach & say “Hellllllo Girrrrrrls!)

Next year I am hatching a group with my students and will keep a handful, and also putting in another chick order for the summer (#tbd).

I sit with them for hours, just watching. I talk to them, fill my phone with pics, go to bed dreaming of new breeds. My mind stays calmer when I am with them. I feel happier with chickens in my life. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom