OCTOBER HATCH-A-LONG!!! 2015

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Gloryjasmine, Sep 21, 2015.

1. RavenBlue

RavenBlue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    BC
    [​IMG]

And daughter came home and grabbed 2 dry chicks before I could tell her not to open the bator so they are in the brooder now but man are they sweet!

2. RavenBlue

RavenBlue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    BC
    [​IMG]

This little one is very curious about all the chirping going on in the next room..

3. Bernadine503

Bernadine503 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Oregon~Yamhill County
  4. Bernadine503

Bernadine503 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Oregon~Yamhill County
    I just candled one egg out of the 8 that my broody girls are sitting on.... And I see life!! It looks just like it should at 7 days. I'm so happy to see that as it's my first time hatching with a broody Silkie. Whooo-hooo!!!

5. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Yay! Congrats

Those are beautiful pictures! I'm sorry about the one you lost but I'm glad the one with the swollen foot is doing better. What breed of goose are they?

Don't worry, I open up the bator to chicks out all the time and the other eggs are okay. Just make sure you do it fast, don't hold the incubator open.

Yay for your broody silkie! [​IMG]

6. devinandfeather

devinandfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2014
    Australia, Perth
    Those are beautiful pictures! I'm sorry about the one you lost but I'm glad the one with the swollen foot is doing better. What breed of goose are they?

They are Sebastopol mix the two ganders are Sebastopol the female are pilgrim so goslings will be mux

7. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Cool. [​IMG]

8. luvmigirls

luvmigirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    pennslyvania
    [​IMG]okay.... so who are my parents? Did a Orust get mixed up with the lone 19 week old Silver Laced wyodette and she in turn went against all odds and laid her egg in the Well summers coop nesting box? Definitely looks like a silver laced wyodette! (one other wildcard is i have a siclican buttercup same age as the silverlaced wyodette, but the egg was Big and a light brown in which this cutie hatched from. Also the legs have a dark shading on the scales much like i see with Orust chicks.

the only males i have is a Orust (mottled genes) or a Welsummer.

I'm confused! ha. here i thought my brown egg would hatch a welsummer. a Nice and brown and beautiful sex linked welsummer... ha. always surprizes espcially since I keep my roo's seperate. The boys got out and they co-mingled all the girls for a couple hours before dusk on the 16th of sept....I normally dont let them. it was a accident by another person.

I had no idea this was not going to be a welsummer. I had no idea the silver laced wyodette was laying?! could it be true? lol jokes on me.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  9. devinandfeather

devinandfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2014
    Australia, Perth
    I ha
    d that two me all were ment to be plymouths got to Sussex mixes hahaha

1 person likes this.
  10. luvmigirls

luvmigirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    pennslyvania
    It is so wonderful to read back and see the news about the mispositioned ones hatching out! yes! always good to know.

So as of this morning all chicks are hatched expect one egg. I candled it and still see a huge airsac but no movement or chick in that airsac. Is this indicative of a 'quitter'?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by