October-hatch-along 2019

Now the single yellow one doesn't feel left out :ya

I have more in the incubator drying, and there are several zipped eggs I think about eight. I can't really tell because the chickens are crazy and running around like lunatics!

View attachment 1948443

How exciting, so glad the hatch is going well, what little cuties! :celebrate

I had to laugh whenever I took a closer look. You see, we thought Miss Lake Ann was only hanging out with the leghorn rooster in my avatar, Prince Albert. She doesn't like to stay in the run with the other chickens so she free ranges. Looks like she snuck over to the turkens!!

That is too funny, what cute little guys though, naked neck chicks are just so adorable! :love

Did you have anything else in the bator?

No. Hubby told me the incubators had to go off for the winter after these ones. (Little does he know I have plans on building a 1200+ egg incubator in spring. ) There are still about 14 coturnix eggs in the small one. A few buttons as well. I am not sure how many will hatch as I have a difficult time candling quail eggs.

Started with 12 of Lake Ann's eggs. 10 made it to hatch. 8 have hatched, 1 zipping, 1 piping.

I love hatch day. Its wonderful yours are doing well.

No. Hubby told me the incubators had to go off for the winter after these ones. (Little does he know I have plans on building a 1200+ egg incubator in spring. ) There are still about 14 coturnix eggs in the small one. A few buttons as well. I am not sure how many will hatch as I have a difficult time candling quail eggs.

Started with 12 of Lake Ann's eggs. 10 made it to hatch. 8 have hatched, 1 zipping, 1 piping.

I love hatch day. Its wonderful yours are doing well.
What will you do with 1200 birds?

DA1B29A6-0C63-4A9F-9900-751B5819EE3B.jpeg 1DCBB586-16B1-4829-A6B1-652DC95A1BBD.jpeg I didn’t anticipate participating in this hatchalong, however, my silkie went broody and the hubby stuck some eggs under her. One egg happened to be a duck, and my silkie left the nest after 4 of the 5 eggs hatched. We had a cold front move through our area and I found the abandoned egg ice cold. I quickly warmed it up and turned on the incubator. Miraculously, once it got warm, I began to see movement in the egg again. Fast forward 2 days and we woke up to this sweet duckling this morning! A true little Halloween baby!

It's been fun and helpful hatching along with you! :hugs I'll see some of you in the December Hatch-a-long, no doubt. :thumbsup
Thanks for hatching along! Good luck with your next hatch! As tempted as I am to do another, I don't really want too many babies running around during summer. They are more brutal on the birds than winter here.

Back
Top Bottom