October hatch "Grow-a-long"🐥

Maybe she just got the initial shock of seeing so many babies and not wanting to take care of them? Maybe you could try again and see? I have no clue, I haven't had any of our hens taking care of chicks before :idunno
Thanks! I think the chicks were too old. I will figure something else out. 😊

Played “musical chickens“ the past several days and made space for Layla‘s chicks to move outside to the brooder on the front porch. They look a little bewildered at their new digs! 9 days old today.😊
69FFDD2C-5837-4F15-9E7F-C4C58380523B.jpeg
148D852F-EF13-4877-B5F0-95C88002BF38.jpeg

Played “musical chickens“ the past several days and made space for Layla‘s chicks to move outside to the brooder on the front porch. They look a little bewildered at their new digs! 9 days old today.😊View attachment 3310448View attachment 3310449
Hoping they like it there! :D

I have a question, if you don't mind answering it! What kind of pattern is the black dots on the cream-colored chicks? I knew the answer once but I've forgotten it since then.

Hoping they like it there! :D

I have a question, if you don't mind answering it! What kind of pattern is the black dots on the cream-colored chicks? I knew the answer once but I've forgotten it since then.
They are called Paint. Based on dominant white. Most Silkies are recessive white.
These chicks are actually blue paint as their mother was a splash. Their father is a traditional black paint.😊

@LadiesAndJane your babies look so much bigger than mine! Mine are 11 days old today, they are eating some wet chicken food mash with some pureed pumpkin in it, they loved it.
I think it’s just the photo. I like to get real close, makes them look bigger than they are.😊
Your little ones are so cute! 😍
I’ve never tried giving my chickens pumpkin, I’ll have to do that!

Back
Top Bottom