October WYGS MYSTERY SWAP~ Signups Closed

I have to vent a little bit. I'm not sure why we pay for priority postage. My package from Minnesota has been 6 days in route. It was in a small local post office 20 miles from my house 3 days ago (apparently misdirected) because there is absolutely no reason for it to wind up in that post office. I have another package from Missouri which took 4 days to get here (I could ride a horse to this location from mine in four days.) and the notice was delivered to my mailbox on Saturday after 2:30 when the post office closes at noon on Saturday. This is just ridiculous. Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it out. There is no reason to pay for priority when regular first class mail would get here faster.

I have to vent a little bit. I'm not sure why we pay for priority postage. My package from Minnesota has been 6 days in route. It was in a small local post office 20 miles from my house 3 days ago (apparently misdirected) because there is absolutely no reason for it to wind up in that post office. I have another package from Missouri which took 4 days to get here (I could ride a horse to this location from mine in four days.) and the notice was delivered to my mailbox on Saturday after 2:30 when the post office closes at noon on Saturday. This is just ridiculous. Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it out. There is no reason to pay for priority when regular first class mail would get here faster.
Oh no! Why are we paying a premium for mishandling? I know the PO has started to cut even more and obviously they don't feel a responsibility to do a good job. There are alot of good/honest people that work at the PO and its a shame that their work is getting negated by the others and machines.

I received my package from PA this weekend. Lots of fun stuff - movies, candles, towels chicken/farm ornaments. Love them - Thanks you!

Packages were shipped Saturday to these people. Sorry I was gone all weekend.
hide.gif

Reesepoultry: 9405503699300174932588

Kraftyladies: 9405 5036 9930 0175 9662 30

I got both my swap packages and I LOVE THEM! One package had some tea that has its own filter that you can reuse. I'll be taking some to the show in Reno next month for sure, I also got all types of reading books even an autograph copy by Tom Greene!! I received seeds, wandering jew plant starts I can't even begin to list everything. Thank you so much!!

I also sent out my packages on Wednesday, so my partners should be getting them or have already received them. Have DC# but left them at home.

Bea

Got a package of goodies today, this person somehow knows me well.....I write all kinds of notes to myself just so I can remember things, and I am a doctors paycheck with all my cuts, bruises, and sprains.....Love the mixed boxes, keep them coming in the future.

I am attempting to gather stories to give to the PO next month at a meeting in our town to let them know where they are going wrong. As many problems as everyone has with the PO, if they go under, shipping eggs, chicks and birds may become a thing of the past, and swapping could become much more expensive. The thread is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/714216/do-you-have-a-usps-shipping-story

on a brighter note, I got my package today Walli! I loved it, very beautiful! And the little bottle of honey too. That is one thing I will never be able to do is have bees and honey, I am allergic to bees. So will always be stalking your swaps!! I will take pictures later.

on a brighter note, I got my package today Walli! I loved it, very beautiful! And the little bottle of honey too. That is one thing I will never be able to do is have bees and honey, I am allergic to bees. So will always be stalking your swaps!! I will take pictures later.
I am allergic to bees and I am a beekeeper
big_smile.png
honey bee venom is different then other bee venom so I am able to have honey bees.

I am allergic to bees and I am a beekeeper
big_smile.png
honey bee venom is different then other bee venom so I am able to have honey bees.
really?!?! I have always been terrified of just ANY bee, and didn't know that...hmmmm
btw, your package is going out tomorrow. I would have sent it today, but ran out of tape.
hide.gif

wrong swap. your ornament swap. I really can't keep up

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom