Ocular marek ?

Linda1218

Songster
Oct 7, 2019
Is this ocular marek or normal. I have him for a year n his eyes have always been like this . Is it normal or not ?

Attachments

• DDBC19CA-BC10-4501-AD82-31D37A067AA1.jpeg
    DDBC19CA-BC10-4501-AD82-31D37A067AA1.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 27
  • A7E71102-DABC-4135-8479-9C9F6E32F334.jpeg
    A7E71102-DABC-4135-8479-9C9F6E32F334.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 18
Probably no one has answered your thread because your photos don't show the right and left eyes clearly. Try again with better closeup and well focused photos.
Ok I’ll try to get another pics later . And beside the eye get affect is there other symptoms that chicken get if it ocular marek and plus how long they live if they have it ? Because I think it heterochromia because he has his eye like this all his live span but I want to make sure .
Probably no one has answered your thread because your photos don't show the right and left eyes clearly. Try again with better closeup and well focused photos.

Since the eyes have been the same since hatching, it's most likely a birth defect. But check the eyes against the photos in this article. https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside.com/feed-health/a-look-at-chicken-eyes/
Thanks

Better pics in better lighting would help. I've seen Marek's positive birds that were vaccinated, have the iris color changes and that was it for symptoms. Not sure about unvaxxed birds though.

Back
Top Bottom