Odd colored Coturnix quail chick

Looks like a Goncalo Moreira Golden lace. I have a couple.
Wow :O!! I haven't even ever seen those, really cool thanks for showing me :) It actually turned into what I guess is a Tibetan? Almost all black with a white beard and pretty red patterns on the feathers ^^

Wow :O!! I haven't even ever seen those, really cool thanks for showing me
smile.png

It actually turned into what I guess is a Tibetan? Almost all black with a white beard and pretty red patterns on the feathers ^^

Still very beautiful birds. I'm heading out the door but I'll try to get some better photos of my two.

Haha! Oh wow yeah! Your daughter is a good quail wrangler
1f60a.png
pretty soon she's going to need two hands for Lavender hehe. Do they have a name and do you have a guess at the sex? :)

Hi Binki currently being challenged by an aviary construction.
1f914.png

My teens are loving your photos.
I read a paper recently on the frizzle feather gene. What prompted me was my jumbos feathers. She is developing curly feathers. Once I transfer them to an aviary I will take some photos.
1f60b.png

@Binki We have named them all and suspect that some of the boys names are actually hens. We have kept two of them as their original numbers. From the looks of things we have 2 roos and 5 hens. This may also change
1f601.png

Tracer, Four, Hart - Barred Rosetta
Seven (Eyebrows) - Very dark
Winston, Merick - Gold with speckles
Farrah - We are calling this one Lavender. I suspect it is a highligh from the UV lamp. She is very even coloured at the moment so watch this space.

I wonder if she is bigger after my daughter dropped her into her iced coffee. All that caffeine. Poor bird!

Last edited:
Hi Binki currently being challenged by an aviary construction.
1f914.png

My teens are loving your photos.
I read a paper recently on the frizzle feather gene. What prompted me was my jumbos feathers. She is developing curly feathers. Once I transfer them to an aviary I will take some photos.
1f60b.png

Omgosh, a quail with frizzle feathers??
1f606.png
That would be strange, haha! I have a quail called Scraggle Queen's Daughter who looked like she was a bit "frizzly" around her neck but I think it turned out to be more scraggle because when she molted it smoothed out :)

@Binki We have named them all and suspect that some of the boys names are actually hens. We have kept two of them as their original numbers. From the looks of things we have 2 roos and 5 hens. This may also change
1f601.png

Tracer, Four, Hart - Barred Rosetta
Seven (Eyebrows) - Very dark
Winston, Merick - Gold with speckles
Farrah - We are calling this one Lavender. I suspect it is a highligh from the UV lamp. She is very even coloured at the moment so watch this space.

I wonder if she is bigger after my daughter dropped her into her iced coffee. All that caffeine. Poor bird!

LOL awww hahaha she must have been sticky after that, poor girl
1f601.png
I loved the eyebrow fluff on Seven, how are they turning out? :p

Back
Top Bottom