Odd sounds

cleoandtheflock

Crowing
Jan 16, 2019
Georgia
4308A3AD-C68C-4B04-8994-CC4F06A917BD.jpeg
F8BDB556-FCAC-43DD-8931-5A57546B4B82.jpeg
9563634F-F10C-4ECF-A4C5-2E6749294B64.jpeg
my Easter Egger hen waggy sounds terrible she is making a desperate series of uhhhh uhhhh uhhhhh’s from her mouth over and over and over.... it sounds like someone before they sneeze

It sounds awful though

Health history:
On the verge of death from mites, beak uneven, and her eyes recently turned strange color as seen in the pictures

She is walking around and eating she isn’t really drinking water even though we’re having record breaking heat here in sunny Georgia

Symptoms: strange noises, underweight, empty crop regularly

Help!!

I would try taking a video, uploading it to YouTube, and then posting the link here. It could be that she is singing her egg song which can sometimes sound less than delightful, but it might also be something that is concerning. How old is she and is she laying? Is she still battling mites or was that a previous health concern?

When my chickens started making harsh breathing sounds they came down with the respiratory disease. Not saying that's what you have for sure but there is a chance. What ever you do don't let her in with other chickens unless you know for sure she isn't disease or all of them might get infected.

I would try taking a video, uploading it to YouTube, and then posting the link here. It could be that she is singing her egg song which can sometimes sound less than delightful, but it might also be something that is concerning. How old is she and is she laying? Is she still battling mites or was that a previous health concern?
it is definitely not an egg song.
she is a year old. she is laying but I haven't seen any of her eggs in the nestboxes recently. there is no more mites.

Back
Top Bottom