Oddest, Ugliest Poultry Related Nick-Nack

Pics
View attachment 1268093 We've only had chickens for a year. Right after we got the chicks, I was browsing the Goodwill store and found this. The wife said we had to get it. I'd been looking for stained glass for the front window, but kept rejecting all the flowers and she knew it.

Mom made it known she was collecting pigs and got deluged with piggy dust collectors. I make it known that dust collectors are not needed or desired.
Very pretty!:love:idunno

That is an amazing stain glass!

Thank you. The funny thing is, it is my only rooster. I keep a hen only flock.

For some reason and maybe someone can explain this to me, the Mexican descendants really like chickens in their kitchens. The only answer I got when I asked them, "Mom always had chickens, so I have chickens in the kitchen." We see some interesting things at Goodwill. Does anyone know why they like chickens, specifically rooster decorations?

Thank you. The funny thing is, it is my only rooster. I keep a hen only flock.

For some reason and maybe someone can explain this to me, the Mexican descendants really like chickens in their kitchens. The only answer I got when I asked them, "Mom always had chickens, so I have chickens in the kitchen." We see some interesting things at Goodwill. Does anyone know why they like chickens, specifically rooster decorations?
They like fighting roosters or eating chicken quesadillas?

Ok, here are my photos. The rooster curtains I found at the senior center thrift shop for a few cents. The plastic hen and cock wall hangings I was gifted by my mother in law. They were in my husband's family farm house growing up, when we bought our first house and moved out of a condo, she knew I wanted chickens and sent them to me as a housewarming gift of sorts (I had never seen them, but my husband instantly recognized them)

Attachments

• IMG_6241.JPG
    IMG_6241.JPG
    422.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6244.JPG
    IMG_6244.JPG
    436.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6245.JPG
    IMG_6245.JPG
    393.1 KB · Views: 24
Ok, here are my photos. The rooster curtains I found at the senior center thrift shop for a few cents. The plastic hen and cock wall hangings I was gifted by my mother in law. They were in my husband's family farm house growing up, when we bought our first house and moved out of a condo, she knew I wanted chickens and sent them to me as a housewarming gift of sorts (I had never seen them, but my husband instantly recognized them)
Cute!

Adorable! :love

I haven't got any but these used to be fairly common in England.
245519f2c58ab9d38236a54933299534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom