OEGB Bantam - rescue chicken from the pound - girl, boy?

ClewisOK

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 3, 2013
Mustang, OK
Hi all, I picked up this little banty from the OKC pound. They had it listed as a female, approximately 1 year old. I haven't heard any crowing but it is definitely louder than my other chickens! The coloring makes me think hen, but the comb has me questioning. I am also assuming OEGB or mutt? It resembled some pictures I saw of the OEGBs, hence the guess! Thank you for your help! (Sorry for the cell phone pictures. It's been raining and I didn't want to drag my big camera out)

1BdqVkG.jpg

jjoM2sG.jpg

5yc3Dna.jpg

dK4oP2Y.jpg

Last edited:
Really cute little girl, and thanks for rescuing her, I'm sure she'll be a great addition to your flock.

Wonderful! I am happy to report that she's been adopted into the flock already and seems to be the bully of the bunch, go figure, lol. I was happy to spring her from chicken jail and if she's a good momma, that's just a bonus! Thanks again for your replies. I haven't even gotten an egg yet but I love keeping and watching these dang birds.

Ok I know you have had you girl for probably a while but I thought you should know that when you first introduce a new chicken into your flock, do not let the new chicken with the new birds for 10 days to insure the seller didn't give you a sick bird and you don't get all of your other birds sick!! That's how a majority of mine died.
hit.gif
But just know all OEGB are very loving (most of the time) but you have to experience it for your self! Have fun with your lovely HEN!!
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom