OEGB feathering

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
Do the pullets of OEGB feather out faster than the little Roos? I have 10 little black OEGB chicks in the brooder that are almost 3 weeks old and I noticed that most of them have feathered out to have tails about 1/2" long. I know in some breeds the pullets will get their tail feathers before the little roos and I was wondering if OEGB was one of them. These are my first OEGBs and they are so cute.

Mine seemed to, but it's not necessarily the rule. I have a BLRW right now that I swore was a girl, but he's now getting boy feathers.

What color are your OEGB?

My OEGB are Black. They are so cute. I also have 4 Nankin chicks that are about the same age, but they are being raised by one of my Silkies.

I have BBR's, two fawn pullets, and a blue-red sport cockerel I just bought two weeks ago. He's going to be such a handsome boy when he gets older! I'm hoping to breed him with both the BBR and fawn girls. I should have blue, fawn, sport, and blue-red sport out of him.

These are my first OEGB so I'm starting with only 1 variety. I hope to get others as I learn more. There are so many varieties that I don't know which ones I like best. I started with black as they are a solid color and My Dad had some at one time. Which are the easiest to breed the color correctly?

Back
Top Bottom