Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mistletoe: Male

• Custard: Male

• Total voters
Pics
I have a Silver Duckwing OEGB rooster

He does a good job with mating - This year, we had a couple of OEGB crosses that he fathered.

I'm not sure about the lifespan - probably close to the typical lifespan of chickens.

You can probably start breeding a pullet a few weeks to a few months after her first egg. As long as you are seeing that her eggs are fertilized, and she has matured, you should be able to hatch.

Just a little warning with OEGB roosters- I've found that they are fairly aggressive towards other breeds of roosters, even to standard sized roosters. But they do treat the hens very nicely, and back away if the hens do not want to be touched.
However, this rooster is the SWEETEST when it comes to humans. He used to sleep in my lap and even crow on my shoulder, but ones the hormones kicked in, he became a little less tame, but still lets me pick him up and handle him.

Are you planning on getting some OEGB's?

I have a Silver Duckwing OEGB rooster

He does a good job with mating - This year, we had a couple of OEGB crosses that he fathered.

I'm not sure about the lifespan - probably close to the typical lifespan of chickens.

You can probably start breeding a pullet a few weeks to a few months after her first egg. As long as you are seeing that her eggs are fertilized, and she has matured, you should be able to hatch.

Just a little warning with OEGB roosters- I've found that they are fairly aggressive towards other breeds of roosters, even to standard sized roosters. But they do treat the hens very nicely, and back away if the hens do not want to be touched.
However, this rooster is the SWEETEST when it comes to humans. He used to sleep in my lap and even crow on my shoulder, but ones the hormones kicked in, he became a little less tame, but still lets me pick him up and handle him.

Are you planning on getting some OEGB's?
I already have one, Flash, my pfp. She is the sweetest little thing. Her whole story is in this article https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...by-chick-the-hardships-and-the-rewards.77024/ .
I just want to get an OEGB rooster so we can have baby Flashes!
So the roosters are aggressive? Do you reckon that they would be aggressive to a cross breed rooster? He is about the size of a Pekin... or Cochin.

I already have one, Flash, my pfp. She is the sweetest little thing. Her whole story is in this article https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...by-chick-the-hardships-and-the-rewards.77024/ .
I just want to get an OEGB rooster so we can have baby Flashes!
So the roosters are aggressive? Do you reckon that they would be aggressive to a cross breed rooster? He is about the size of a Pekin... or Cochin.
There is no guarantee that he will or will not be aggressive. I just found that my rooster was mean to the other roosters. Usually bantam roosters aren't mean, so I would say go for it! I'd love to see baby Flash's!

My OEGB roosters get along well with each other and don't try to fight with my other yard roosters, except for one. That one is picked on by everyone as he is not one that fights back. He runs away so everyone wants to dominate him, so it's him, not the OEGB roosters. I have no problems at all with the boys acting aggressive towards me. My gold Duckwing has a problem with my 10 year old daughter for some reason. I have no idea what happened but he is so tiny. I usually just pick him up. The boys are separated from the girls so I don't know how they act with hens. I really love OEGB's a lot and hope to always have them

My OEGB roosters get along well with each other and don't try to fight with my other yard roosters, except for one. That one is picked on by everyone as he is not one that fights back. He runs away so everyone wants to dominate him, so it's him, not the OEGB roosters. I have no problems at all with the boys acting aggressive towards me. My gold Duckwing has a problem with my 10 year old daughter for some reason. I have no idea what happened but he is so tiny. I usually just pick him up. The boys are separated from the girls so I don't know how they act with hens. I really love OEGB's a lot and hope to always have them
I thought that OEGB were really ugly, and I told myself that I never wanted to get them.... I was seriously mistaken!

Back
Top Bottom