Oes needs help the darn sickness is back!

Yes it has been hard to get through. We have washed every water source and it is all filled with tap water and cider vinigar even the water butts. The drink pots have been bleached out for the umtenth time and all have fresh tap water NOT butt water with cider vinigar and vit drops in. There are NO plants they can get to. Their yard is just mud and stones and worms! They ate all the plants ages ago! Lol now they are confined and no longer roam in the flower bays!

Betty is still raspy but sounds more like a chicken than a darlic today. She is eating and drinking by herself. I have had to catch her and roll her in a towel to medicate tylan through a syringe. She is not best pleased. (This is a good thing though as she is willing to fight me she is still strong. Unlike her sister Mable who was also a stroppy cow and never liked picked up - she just lay in my arms in the end and had long cuddled, then I left her in the yard with the girls to die.) That sounds bad but honestly when I took Drummy and Bertha away to try to save their deaths were so much worse alone in the house or shed without friends. So when I knew I had lost the battle I put Mable back and let her enjoy hearing her friends and I think that was a better end. Betty is a little trooper and is runny about getting lettice I throw in to the pen so on the whole she is in a better state. Bu it is still a fight because I know it is there and I am sure without the tylan she would be lost by now. As the others all died pretty quickly after the symptoms started 48-72hrs. If I can get Betty over this next 10 days it wont have claimed her and hopefull will have burned itself out of the flock? Here is hoping. It is awfully strange how it takes just one at a time? Some folk have thought Poison? But how and By whom? From where???

Oes
If it was poison more would be affected at a time, if one chicken starts eating something they all do, and she wouldn't be responding to the antibiotics. Glad she is at least holding her own.

Back
Top Bottom