Off pullet?

Your dealing with a sever outbreak of coccidiosis. I'll find the article that @casportpony wrote about dosage. You're going to want to give her a syringe of UNDILUTED liquid cord if thats what you have on hand. Powder Corid mixed you'll have to mix into water.
Let me find that article.
Hang in there, your doing a great job acting so quickly!

Corid Amprolium Oral Drench Instructions

Corid Amprolium Oral Drench Instructions

When treating a bird for coccidiosis one can give an oral drench in addition to their medicated water. Here are the instructions: 9.6% liquid - Do not dilute Give 0.1 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days. or 0.02 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or...
Treating Coccidiosis with Corid, Amprol, AmproMed  - The Correct Amprolium Dose

Treating Coccidiosis with Corid, Amprol, AmproMed - The Correct Amprolium Dose

Treating Coccidiosis with Corid, Amprol, AmproMed The Correct Amprolium Dose Treatment 20% Powder 9.6% Liquid For 3-5 days 1.5 teaspoons per gallon 2 teaspoons per gallon then for 7-14 days 1/3 teaspoon per gallon 1/2 teaspoon per gallon When treating coccidisosis in my own birds I...

Your dealing with a sever outbreak of coccidiosis. I'll find the article that @casportpony wrote about dosage. You're going to want to give her a syringe of UNDILUTED liquid cord if thats what you have on hand. Powder Corid mixed you'll have to mix into water.
Let me find that article.
Hang in there, your doing a great job acting so quickly!
So about 1/16th of a tsp undiluted for the bigger chicks? I’m about ready to give the evening dose. Perhaps the BCM is too little for undiluted, I can’t even measure that much little. Is there microscopic syringes that I need to get? 😅

Thank you for the encouragement! We’ve not lost a chick ever, we had 22 come home this summer and I just really love them more than I could ever have imagined. Even though most aren’t named, they’re more pets than livestock

So about 1/16th of a tsp undiluted for the bigger chicks? I’m about ready to give the evening dose. Perhaps the BCM is too little for undiluted, I can’t even measure that much little. Is there microscopic syringes that I need to get? 😅

Thank you for the encouragement! We’ve not lost a chick ever, we had 22 come home this summer and I just really love them more than I could ever have imagined. Even though most aren’t named, they’re more pets than livestock
When treating a bird for coccidiosis one can give an oral drench in addition to their medicated water. Here are the instructions:

9.6% liquid - Do not dilute
  • Give 0.1 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days.
or
  • 0.02 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days.

20% powder - Mix 1/2 teaspoon powder with 2 teaspoons water.
  • Give 0.34 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days.
or
  • 0.07 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days.

Corid is very safe, even if you give to much it likely wont hurt her. @casportpony posted the dosage for undiluted liquid Corid above.
I dosed 8-10 week old Cornish X with undiluted Corid. Same dosage all the way around. Sadly I still lost one, I wasn't able to get Corid in time for her. 😔
They really are incredible, good luck with your hen! Your on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom