Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
I’m using the ovation 56. I have the regular trays and the goose trays and then these dividers that go in the goose trays to give you two rows for quail.

——

@BantyChooks im thrilled you showed up fashionably late. :oops:

teeny tiny button quail are too freaking cute I can’t imagine them in person I have to hatch some sometime. Do you have to keep those in pairs?
265B8441-FAC4-41BD-A9D5-42FAC54DA391.jpeg
here’s my 30 + 1 pheasant egg not using the divided trays

I’m using the ovation 56. I have the regular trays and the goose trays and then these dividers that go in the goose trays to give you two rows for quail.

——

@BantyChooks im thrilled you showed up fashionably late. :oops:

teeny tiny button quail are too freaking cute I can’t imagine them in person I have to hatch some sometime. Do you have to keep those in pairs?
Yep, trios work okay in my limited experience but pairs seem better.

View attachment 2377168
here’s my 30 + 1 pheasant egg not using the divided trays
I think I’ll just use the regular trays later if I hatch my own eggs but wanted to do upright since they were shipped.

however do quail eggs ship better? When I was candling looking for the cracked egg, I noticed maybe two or three slightly saddled air cells out of the entire batch.

I think I’ll just use the regular trays later if I hatch my own eggs but wanted to do upright since they were shipped.

however do quail eggs ship better? When I was candling looking for the cracked egg, I noticed maybe two or three slightly saddled air cells out of the entire batch.
i’ve never had any issues from shipped coturnix eggs....most of my issues were mainly from cheap incubator problems. I had around a 62% hatch on my first try in the brinsea but i was still working out the “bugs” with temps and humidity in addition to cracking like 5! the only eggs i’ve seen shipping issues with have been button eggs.

Yes, it seems the smaller the eggs the better they do in shipping. Unfortunately the opposite is also true and large eggs such as goose and emu eggs don't ship well at all.

The first to hatch! These are supposed to be sexlink but I’m definitely having trouble interpreting... lol. This one appears Italian/Manchurian but has brownish stripes as compared to my other Italians with black stripes.
59AA113B-14FD-4E52-9A0C-887E5080032B.jpeg

then these 2 this morning! The first one looks like a wild type pattern but is reddish. Is this Egyptian? 🤔
91D6ADFB-8CD4-4C45-8330-96150EC93931.jpeg

And then there’s this guy. This one looks to be the typical Italian colouring with black stripes. (Please ignore the fine grind quail food under my nails! Bahaha :gig)
931F3A59-5CA0-41F3-99E0-CC9BE3E3AFFA.jpeg

I’ve got a bunch more pipped so hoping for a good hatch. :$

The first to hatch! These are supposed to be sexlink but I’m definitely having trouble interpreting... lol. This one appears Italian/Manchurian but has brownish stripes as compared to my other Italians with black stripes.View attachment 2377198

then these 2 this morning! The first one looks like a wild type pattern but is reddish. Is this Egyptian? 🤔
View attachment 2377201

And then there’s this guy. This one looks to be the typical Italian colouring with black stripes. (Please ignore the fine grind quail food under my nails! Bahaha :gig)
View attachment 2377205
I’ve got a bunch more pipped so hoping for a good hatch. :$

Oh my goodness! So tiny and cute!! :love

Back
Top Bottom