Office Work, Part Deux: Professional Mayhen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and lori were both up before 4am on Saturday. Left for bunny show at 4:30 am and arrived back at my house at 10pm. Then Lori had an hour drive home after helping me unload. Poor Lori. She also culled my crippled chicken for me while at my place. And then spent all day in mid to upper 90 degree heat and bad humidity OUTSIDE at the bunny show....

What a good bestie bff ever...

Don't worry buffs, I won't post any cute bunny pix. Ever. TEEHEE.

Morning everyone! I picked up the new additions to our chicken world last night. God I did not realize how big cuckoo marans are! After capturing the roo that has spurs the size of satans horns I was able to get the three hens captured. It was a wonderful way to end the fourth of July cookout, I was covered in sweat, dust and chicken poo, yay me! I am glad DH made the new coop a little larger than I wanted because the roo is heavy and huge! I didnt take pictures because it was dark by the time we got them home but I'll post some later. The poor hens are missing feathers on their back the roo has been a little uhmmmm well energetic, so saddles are in order. I so dread trying to catch them again and put the saddles on and to take care of gargantuans spurs. Which is also something I've never done, removed spurs, yay me (in a whiny tone).

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Our Marans look like they will be big, but not as big as our JGs. The JGs ruin anything looking big. Then the Orps being big fat fluffy butts. And the 'dottes who are turkey sized.

Which make the bantam Cochins look even smaller, like Serama sized or something.

I didnt really investigate the breed before I got them. I just knew they laid dark eggs so I thought they would be neat to have. I am impressed with how they survived, my friend bought the house in May and the sellers left the chickens in a very open style run with very little protection. She was using a bucket for water and would give them a cup or two of pellets twice a day. I found an old antique style water and showed her how it worked, gave the chickens the water and they clamored for it. My friend had already lost two barn kittens to what we think may have been a fox, she doesnt own a dog (which I remedied with giving her my sons lab mix, dont know if you remember that whole story). My coronations arent as big as this roo. I hope he turns out to be nice after some time.

Its too bad my jersey giant rooster was so aggressive way back when....he was so impressive running around the yard.

Algae feels about bunnies, how I feel about children.....

Good Morning everyone. Back to work for me today. Never can figure out why weekends go so quickly and work days just drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom