Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween HAL Fall Photography Contest

Pics
The leaves haven’t quite turned here yet. However, the weather is cooling off and it’s time for camping and fires! This is what always makes me think of fall. I’ll add another entry hopefully when our leave change!

5BDAF8FD-870C-4E62-9854-552C11931710.jpeg

Here, fall colors include the firewood we are cutting --here you see cherry and osage orange and their colorful shavings (shavings to become chicken bedding)
View attachment 2364557

Wow! Is that orange wood from osage orange??? I didn't realize it was a decorative wood. I just remember my Mom telling me not to eat the fruit. Lol!

Wow! Is that orange wood from osage orange??? I didn't realize it was a decorative wood. I just remember my Mom telling me not to eat the fruit. Lol!
Yes it is a decorative wood, tho most people around here use it for fence posts and firewood. My DH is a woodworker and does make bowls and other items from this wonderful very hard wood. It is bright yellow when first cut, then turns a deeper darker color as it ages.

View attachment 2364952
Beautiful lighting and such pretty eyes I have to say ;)

unfortunatly her ear (our left) was blurred by the focus on Portrait Mode, on my phone.I’m decently skilled in photo editing, so if I’m allowed to and it isn’t considered heavy editing, could I clean up that area and edit my post to re-submit this photo?

Love this! She's beautiful! I think a tiny touch up like that would be considered minimal editing and should be just fine. :)

View attachment 2364952
Beautiful lighting and such pretty eyes I have to say ;)

unfortunatly her ear (our left) was blurred by the focus on Portrait Mode, on my phone.I’m decently skilled in photo editing, so if I’m allowed to and it isn’t considered heavy editing, could I clean up that area and edit my post to re-submit this photo?
:love

Two new contests!
First place is a Soap Gift Basket from our very own @Sally Sunshine

First Place prize
Donated by @Sally Sunshine of Lil Swatara SOAP LLC

full

Wooden handled "Vintage" Bucket filled with
  • 8oz Coconut Hawaiian Goat Milk Lotion
  • Girl feeding Chicken Soap= Lavender Vetiver Goat Milk Soap est.6-7oz
  • Hen on eggs Soap= Honeysuckle Goat Milk soap est 3-3.5oz
  • In Muslin Sack= Coriander & Lemongrass Goat Milk Soap est.6-7oz
  • Wooden Soap Saver Dish