Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween HAL Poultry Pumpkin Eating Contest

Pics
I got my little gremlins a small pumpkin to enjoy so that I could enter the contest and wouldn't you know it, they all hated the pumpkin. Took some seeds but left it there for a day and it was untouched.

Of course when I went to take it away all the sudden they act extremely interested and stare longingly at it in the compost pile through the hardware cloth 🙃

I got my little gremlins a small pumpkin to enjoy so that I could enter the contest and wouldn't you know it, they all hated the pumpkin. Took some seeds but left it there for a day and it was untouched.

Of course when I went to take it away all the sudden they act extremely interested and stare longingly at it in the compost pile through the hardware cloth 🙃

My flock wouldn't touch the raw pumpkin either. I finally just scooped out the guts and seeds and cooked them to a mash, then they loved it. Picky chickens :lol:

Well give it back to them, there is still time to enter this contest! Throw a little scratch inside it to get them interested.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Halloween Everyone!

carving-a-pumpkin.gif

View attachment 2362434

Welcome to BYC's 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-a-Long contest #4
Show us pictures of your poultry (chickens, waterfowl, turkeys, quail, peafowl, guinea fowl, pheasants, etc.) eating pumpkin and you could WIN!!

Photography Tips from BYC's jolenesdad

How to enter
To submit your entries, simply post your images in this thread.

Rules
  • This contest is open to all BYC members, not just Halloween HAL participants.
  • Poultry and pumpkins should be the star subject of the photo.
  • Maximum of 4 entries.
  • Limit of 1 image in a single post per entry.
  • Photo(s) cannot have been entered in other contests.
  • Must be your images.
  • No fake editing or captions, we want to see the world through your eyes, so no excessive use of editing tools. However, basic cropping is allowed.
  • ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  • Contest Ends November 30th, 2020 Midnight Pacific Time.

Prizes
PlacePrize
First Place$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second Place$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third Place$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.

Here are the winners of the 2016 Contest

View attachment 2333492

This contest is open to all BYC members where the contest complies with local laws/ordinances.
All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)

The physical prizes & BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the contiguous United States (lower 48). If the winners are outside of the contiguous United States (lower 48), they will be awarded the PFM.

This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

If you have not yet joined us at BYC's 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-a-Long, click HERE and come say hi!
20201025_105144.jpg

View attachment 2362434

Show us pictures of your poultry (chickens, waterfowl, turkeys, quail, peafowl, guinea fowl, pheasants, etc.) eating pumpkin and you could WIN!!

How to enter

Rules
  • Maximum of 4 entries.
  • Must be your images.
  • No fake editing or captions, we want to see the world through your eyes, so no excessive use of editing tools. However, basic cropping is allowed.
  • ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.

Prizes
PlacePrize
First Place$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second Place$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third Place$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.

View attachment 2333492

This contest is open to all BYC members where the contest complies with local laws/ordinances.

The physical prizes & BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the contiguous United States (lower 48). If the winners are outside of the contiguous United States (lower 48), they will be awarded the PFM.

If you have not yet joined us at BYC's 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-a-Long, click HERE and come say hi!
20201025_100635.jpg

View attachment 2362434

How to enter

Rules
  • Maximum of 4 entries.
  • Must be your images.

Prizes
PlacePrize

View attachment 2333492

20201025_104831.jpg

Back
Top Bottom