Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
I was also wondering on how to stop my hen from accidentally crushing her eggs. Not the same hen who is laying right now but we just had one stop brooding because she crushed her eggs on accident

Making sure that they have plenty of padding (pine shavings or straw) will help with this but sometimes accidents just happen.

is it okay to remove spurs from my rooster who doesn't know how to use them if not then why doesn't he know how to use them?

Some people remove their rooster's spurs, but as long as they aren't aggressive towards people spurs can be useful for defending if a predator comes for his flock.
If he seems like he doesn't know what he's doing, he may just be young.

Just wanted give a quick up date, my hatching eggs came in today, both shipments and they settling in and the incubator is ready. The probe that use to hang down is gone will this affect the temp and humidity?

20201009_181207.jpg

20201009_181233.jpg

Just got a hatching and brooding your own chicks book by Gail Damerow from Amazon
Someone said about on here really good book lots to look at
So hope to hatch chicks maybe next year

Are you sure you don't want to start hatching right now??? Spooky little Halloween peeps are the cutest! :jumpy

Just wanted give a quick up date, my hatching eggs came in today, both shipments and they settling in and the incubator is ready. The probe that use to hang down is gone will this affect the temp and humidity?

View attachment 2366761
View attachment 2366762

Do you know if it's a humidity sensor or a temperature sensor? I would keep a secondary thermometer/hygrometer in there to make sure everything is still reading correctly.

Back
Top Bottom