Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
Wowza! How many eggs did you get? What are you going to do with all those birds?

21 eggs total. Ordered 15. We already have about 40 to 50 chickens (haven’t counted lately lol). I normally sell the cockerels once they’re older, that way I can pick the keepers. I don’t breed them for money, but I do breed them for personal flock growth.

Love the mix this lady sends. I asked for more Barbezieux and she definitely delivered!

21 eggs total. Ordered 15. We already have about 40 to 50 chickens (haven’t counted lately lol). I normally sell the cockerels once they’re older, that way I can pick the keepers. I don’t breed them for money, but I do breed them for personal flock growth.

Love the mix this lady sends. I asked for more Barbezieux and she definitely delivered!

Do you have more chickens than trees 😂 I feel like I'm on my way there! Best of luck with your hatch!!

They have arrived :)

View attachment 2366407
View attachment 2366408
View attachment 2366409
View attachment 2366410
View attachment 2366412
View attachment 2366414
Figure I would add this, she always sends great hatching tips for shipped eggs. Someone else could use these too :)
View attachment 2366413

Oooh another exciting hatch! I can't wait to see all of these peeps!
egg.gif

Hi I have a hen gone broody on some eggs but one of my family members gave her new ones and I don't know what they did with the other ones but i was wondering if there is a possibility they could hatch this is the second time this year she has gone broody

Hi I have a hen gone broody on some eggs but one of my family members gave her new ones and I don't know what they did with the other ones but i was wondering if there is a possibility they could hatch this is the second time this year she has gone broody

How long was she already sitting on the first batch of eggs? As long as she's willing to sit long enough to hatch the rest it should be ok. Some hens will keep sitting for a very long time hoping to hatch chicks. Do you have a back up incubator in case she gives up?

How long was she already sitting on the first batch of eggs? As long as she's willing to sit long enough to hatch the rest it should be ok. Some hens will keep sitting for a very long time hoping to hatch chicks. Do you have a back up incubator in case she gives up?
she had been sitting on the first batch for a couple of days and she is pretty reliant to hatch eggs she has just hatched a batch of four earlier this year. i don't have an incubator as i am solely reliant on my hens

she had been sitting on the first batch for a couple of days and she is pretty reliant to hatch eggs she has just hatched a batch of four earlier this year. i don't have an incubator as i am solely reliant on my hens
I was also wondering on how to stop my hen from accidentally crushing her eggs. Not the same hen who is laying right now but we just had one stop brooding because she crushed her eggs on accident

If she was only sitting for a couple of days then it won't make much of a difference for her. You should be just fine!

Back
Top Bottom