Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
Look at all those babies!

I just have this lonely blue Maran peaking over a duck egg, wondering who is talking to him/her. Pips everywhere though.

3346A541-28B3-44AC-B3CD-27673EE2988E.jpeg

So... the other half has no idea there’s going to be chicks this weekend. Kind of told him I wasn’t hatching until spring. How to muffle a peeping incubator 🤔

Hey folks!

Welp, mine came a day earlier than I thought they would 😆 I went out to feel for pips in the eggs and almost freaked out when I felt a fully fluffed up chick under her. This was my very first natural hatch and I gotta say, I'm so so proud of my little hen. Obama the Serama (*my son named her; the second her realized they rhymed that was it 😊) had 8 eggs under her and all 8 of them hatched out beautifully and perfectly. What a difference between eggs straight from my place and eggs that have been shipped!

Anyhow, it's just awesome to be where we are right now. I can't believe my own hen hatched a clutch of eggs! It feels like just yesterday that I was shopping around for eggs to incubate and now everyone is making their own beautiful babies 😍

Happy Halloween 🎃 And thanks for letting me share!

Back
Top Bottom