Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
Yay @shaila and @Nabiki! More quail!

I set mine! I cracked one while messing with the trays. Or I might have cracked two. But I only found one cracked. I swear I heard another one. Weeeeee. This is starting out interesting. 😬

I ended up setting 53 eggs from K. dale also!!!

What do y’all run your humidity at?

View attachment 2372236
They are so tiny 😱🥰! Can't wait to see them hatch!

So, I had a surprise while checking on my Silkie tractor this morning: newborn silkie chicks. Both my Silkie hens were sitting, so the babies have 2 mothers. Temperatures here are down to the 30's at night and 60's during the day. Will the little ones be ok with their mothers outside, do you think?

Yes, the hens will keep them warm. Pictures please! 😀

We did our 7 day candle and we still have 7/7 tolbunts alive and kicking! My friend took the pictures on her phone, but when she sends them I'll post them. So happy this hatch is going better so far than our first! Last time at this point we had 2 eggs still developing and that one stopped around day 10. So excited to see the wiggly babies today!

O
She’s not a cornish, she’s a second generation red sex link (so no longer a sex link) likely White Rock and Rhode Island red version. I hatched her from a brown grocery store egg! Contacted the egg producer to find out what breeds they use but never heard back. Her name is Frankie and she’s awesome!🥰
View attachment 2371874
H. She looks like our younger meatbirds XD

Back
Top Bottom