Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
I just saw one of my pullets in a nest box... I am going to set that egg too...
cali.PNG

She is 1/2 cali white and AC. The rooster is AC mix or OE, I am rooting for ACmix.

Wife texted me this morning to let me know power was off. I mentioned that someone probably hit a power pole as there’s no wind or other reason for the utility to shut down the power. Figured I’d check in at lunch to get generator going if I had to. No need the power is back on in our area.
As to the car hitting a pole yeah they did.

32ABC149-BE5B-46AB-BB91-3A2E333658AE.jpeg

Traffic in both directions of 80 still shut down.

1egd.PNG

The egg I was hoping for from My AC mix is the center egg...You cannot tell from the pic, but it is very light almost military green, like the pad underneath but very light colored. It did have a blood streak. The egg to the right is a light blue blue bell egg, and to the left is a maran egg. So she must be part EE.

I did our 14 day today, I am worried that the air cells are a bit small so I am running it 10% lower for the next couple of days. Everyone still alive amazingly enough! 7/7 babies, I am amazed at how good these shipped eggs are, I had expected a couple quitters.
Yay for the great development! Those cells still look fine to me but a 10% lower humidity won’t hurt. I never see quite as distinct growth as the charts. They’re a rough guideline and you look ok for day 14 to me. I imagine you’ll find a more noticeable growth line at lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom