Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Baked Goods Contest

Pics
Entry #1 - Streusel Cake (I apologize the photo of ingredients is a bit jumbled, I forgot to take it until I was already working!)

IMG_4169.jpg IMG_4170.jpg IMG_4171.jpg

Entry #2 is in the oven, and my family is VERY surprised I am making this out of the blue, but they're not complaining! Let me tell ya' - this one is special reserved for usually ONLY one or two birthdays per year. Fingers crossed it comes out of the pan well. If not, it will be a yummy mess.

Looking forward to seeing what you've made!

Entry #2 - Pa's Pound Cake
I bake this with particular fondness, because of my grandfather-in-law and how he liked it ("Pa", the reason I chose to rename it "Pa's Pound Cake" to make it in memory of him). We're going to leave him a piece today for Father's Day, so thank you for encouraging this recipe. ❤️
This is the one normally reserved for birthdays, just so we appreciate it all the more! When this comes out of the oven, the whole house smells so nice, and you just want to immediately eat it. Recipes will tell you to take it out of the pan after 10 minutes or so on a cooling rack, but I've found that pieces will still break, and the pan is still hot. So I leave it in until the pan cools to the touch and then turn it from the pan onto the little platter.

IMG_4266.jpg
IMG_4378.jpg
IMG_4379.jpg
IMG_4382.jpg

I bake this with particular fondness, because of my grandfather-in-law and how he liked it ("Pa", the reason I chose to rename it "Pa's Pound Cake" to make it in memory of him). We're going to leave him a piece today for Father's Day, so thank you for encouraging this recipe. ❤️
This is the one normally reserved for birthdays, just so we appreciate it all the more! When this comes out of the oven, the whole house smells so nice, and you just want to immediately eat it. Recipes will tell you to take it out of the pan after 10 minutes or so on a cooling rack, but I've found that pieces will still break, and the pan is still hot. So I leave it in until the pan cools to the touch and then turn it from the pan onto the little platter.

View attachment 2726696View attachment 2726697View attachment 2726695View attachment 2726699

Looks delicious! I love it when there's a story behind a family favorite.

View attachment 2726696View attachment 2726697View attachment 2726695View attachment 2726699
Wow! That looks magazine-cover perfect! I bet it’s delicious too.

Nice Entry and Story!

Back
Top Bottom