Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Handcrafts Contest

Pics
I make things like this. Little home scenes you can hang on a wall. Like a shadow box style. Others are in domes, are the entire home, or maybe a small "sucrets" type tin. All have lights, and play music.
IMG_20210613_114758343.jpg

Here is a small carnival I made. The carousel turns, while playing music. I really enjoy these.
I am currently working on an entire japanese themed house. 2 floors, all rooms, etc. Can't wait to see it. Anyhow this is entry number 2. (The carousel actually isn't crooked. It looks crooked to me in the photo. Play in light, maybe??
IMG_20210613_114832331.jpg

Here is a small carnival I made. The carousel turns, while playing music. I really enjoy these.
I am currently working on an entire japanese themed house. 2 floors, all rooms, etc. Can't wait to see it. Anyhow this is entry number 2. (The carousel actually isn't crooked. It looks crooked to me in the photo. Play in light, maybe?? View attachment 2716499

You must have a lot of patience to make such tiny things. Love them!

I am currently working on an entire japanese themed house. 2 floors, all rooms, etc. Can't wait to see it. Anyhow this is entry number 2. (The carousel actually isn't crooked. It looks crooked to me in the photo. Play in light, maybe?? View attachment 2716499
What are these made out of? Do you make the entire scenery by hand or use miniatures? These are adorable!! I've always loved dioramas and miniatures.

What are these made out of? Do you make the entire scenery by hand or use miniatures? These are adorable!! I've always loved dioramas and miniatures.
I use various things. The people are obviously a miniature. The furniture is wood, paper, cloth, polyfil sometimes... I use wire, miniature figures, I make the books from paper, serving plates are often foil and cardboard. Scrap cloth, leftover craft scrap.. I use everything..lol. I guess these are a jumbled mess of things, like the maker. Hahah

No fair would be complete without a showing of handcrafted items! If you quilt, let’s see your handiwork. Show off your knitting or leatherwork skills. Do you enjoy basket weaving or taxidermy? Maybe you have a knack for woodcarving or candle making? It’s time to share what you love to make!

The Handcrafts Contest is a judged photo contest.

Rules:

1. All entries must be submitted as a reply to this thread.
  2. Entries must be made by the member posting.
  3. A member can have up to 3 entries (only one entry per post please).
  4. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  5. High-quality images are recommended.
  6. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  7. This is a judged photo contest and the winners will be determined by a panel of judges.
  8. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  9. All BYC rules apply - Terms of Service (Rules)
  10. Entries will be accepted until June 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Prizes
PlacePrize
First Place$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second Place$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third Place$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States they will be awarded the PFM instead.

Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair Contest Series
Click on the pictures to view these other contests!
I know this says judged photo contest and no screenshots, but my artwork is a book. A Junk Journal to be exact. I have a video of the journal that shows every page and part of it... it's a large 3 signature book. To do the book justice, I'd have to take many many pictures. Would posting the video be okay?

Back
Top Bottom