Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Standard-Bred Chicken Show

Pics
58DE4BCC-96F6-4B1D-BFE3-2171ACCCD523.jpeg
652937E1-BA07-437A-B236-0ECE78077307.jpeg
5CC9AF79-5C9F-45FC-85F7-669D1DDFCD8B.jpeg

This is Princess Layer my Buff Cochin hen.

Welcome to the Standard-Bred Chicken Show in the 2021 Annual BYC Summer Fair!

This division in the 2021 BYC Summer Fair is for chickens bred to the Standard of Perfection. We won't be placing birds into breed-specific categories due to judging constraints, but your entries WILL be judged according to the basic principles of the Standard; e.g. quality of feather, clarity of colour, balance of shape, correctness of comb, and how well they represent their breed. Before you enter, please ensure that your bird has been
accepted by the APA or ABA and is of a discrete variety—not a mixed colour.

Enter this show by posting images in this thread. Clear, focused images with the bird in a good pose is best—we recommend at least one clear side profile, along with some closeups, such as the bird held with its wings spread or an image from the front to show leg stance. We ask that you limit the number of pictures per entry to five to make things easier on our judges.

The Standard-Bred Chicken Show is a judged photo contest.

Rules:

1. All entries must be submitted/posted to this thread.
  2. 3 entries per member, an entry consisting of up to 5 pictures per post.
  3. In your entry, please include the breed, color, & sex of your chicken.
  4. You cannot use a photo that won an award in any other BYC sponsored contest.
  5. The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  6. No overly-edited images—basic editing such as cropping and other subtle changes are allowed.
  7. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  8. High-quality images are recommended.
  9. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  10. This is a judged photo contest and the winners will be determined by a panel of judges.
  11. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  12. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  13. Entries will be accepted until June 30th at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
Prizes
PlacePrize
First Place$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second Place$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third Place$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.

BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States they will be awarded the PFM instead.

Have a meat bird, turkey, duck, goose, pigeon, etc that you want to show off? Consider entering them in the Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Other Poultry Show or the Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Meat Bird Show.

Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair Contest Series
Click on the pictures to view these other contests!
How old can the bird be? I have a great quality Buff Orpington I hatched from my own birds, she's turning 6 weeks on Wednesday.

How old can the bird be? I have a great quality Buff Orpington I hatched from my own birds, she's turning 6 weeks on Wednesday.
Good question. We haven't put down any hard rules on age, but in general, you want the bird to be fully mature so it meets the adult standards for its breed.

She’s not show class RIR she’s a prouduction hatchery stock one this is what a real RIR looks like

She is not a show buff Orpington hen she’s not poofy she lacks breed characteristics
Those are still Standard breeds. If birds are less than show quality, the judging will recognize that, it doesn’t disqualify them. I’m just glad this has participation.

Good question. We haven't put down any hard rules on age, but in general, you want the bird to be fully mature so it meets the adult standards for its breed.
Hopefully she's feathers in her adult plumage before the deadline. She has her juvenile plumage right now.

Back
Top Bottom