Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #11

Pics
Can I write an article about the history of chickens when I was looking at the learning center i didn't see anything about the history only about different kinds I think. Do you think that would be good to know?
There are a couple of articles on the history of chickens in the articles section somewhere. The problem you'll have is getting accurate information. The history of chickens written by say an Indonesian is going to be very different to one written by an American.

So is it a good idea or not?
It depends on how thorough your research is. If you are just going to use the information provided by the dominant search engines which will in general concentrate on the American breeds and how they got to the US then a major part of chicken history will be missing. If on the other hand, you look as far back as the Egyptians and follow the breeding lines from there, your history will be rather different and not many people will even know the breeds you write about.
However, not many people will know any better so write for the sake of it.:)

What do you think about these topics?

1. How I would train a mean rooster (and the science behind it) - detailing the "change of emotion leads to change of behavior)" principle and explaining a little about learning theory, classical conditioning, e.t.c

2. "How to train a dog to be calm near chickens - the gentle way" - explaining the process I teach (I'm a positive reinforcement based teacher of dog trainers) for getting a dog from chasing to calm without using punishment or anything that induces fear or pain, as well as these limitations of training programs vs. genetics, etc.

I can also write about teaching your chickens a recall ;)

What do you think about these topics?

1. How I would train a mean rooster (and the science behind it) - detailing the "change of emotion leads to change of behavior)" principle and explaining a little about learning theory, classical conditioning, e.t.c

2. "How to train a dog to be calm near chickens - the gentle way" - explaining the process I teach (I'm a positive reinforcement based teacher of dog trainers) for getting a dog from chasing to calm without using punishment or anything that induces fear or pain, as well as these limitations of training programs vs. genetics, etc.

I can also write about teaching your chickens a recall ;)
I think these would be wonderful articles! :)

Back
Top Bottom