Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #17

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-best-breed-of-chicken-for-you.78015/
The Best Breed of Chicken... For You

The Best Breed of Chicken... For You

Often the case with first-time chicken owners is that they have many questions. One of the most common is “What is the best chicken breed?”. This probably sparks a few memories for some of you reading this right now (including me, I am definitely guilty of this). Now, let me clarify, there is...

What does this mean in more specific terms? Is it a license to use it in promotional material or does it refer to ownership?
Thanks for the question.

This is the same non-exclusive use license that all members agree to in the Terms and rules when they join BYC.

In a nutshell: The creators of the "work": e.g., text, articles, pictures, videos, drawings, etc. etc. etc. (basically any content posted to BYC) grants us the rights to publish, promote, etc., the work/content.

The creator of the work/content retains ownership of the work/content.

Thanks for the question.

This is the same non-exclusive use license that all members agree to in the Terms and rules when they join BYC.

In a nutshell: The creators of the "work": e.g., text, articles, pictures, videos, drawings, etc. etc. etc. (basically any content posted to BYC) grants us the rights to publish, promote, etc., the work/content.

The creator of the work/content retains ownership of the work/content.
Okay, great. I was hoping it was the same but I wanted to make sure. Thank you!

Ok, new member giving it a shot!

Wry Neck in a Chick
Wry Neck in a Chick

Wry Neck in a Chick

Symptoms My barred rock pullet was 9 days old when I noticed that something was wrong. Her little neck had begun to twist back and upwards, leaving her fighting to stand upright, and forcing her head slowly and mercilessly around until her throat faced the sky. It didn’t happen all at once, but...

How many articles are we allowed to enter? :)

I forgot about this article, I've already entered 2 articles, if 2 is the limit, I will delete one of them to enter the following.

Article #3
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...signing-and-maintaining-a-healthy-coop.74615/
Coop Health: Designing and Maintaining a Healthy Coop

What is a healthy coop? A healthy coop breeds healthy birds. It's one that offers your flock the best environment to thrive and live a healthy life. How much room do chickens need? Is my coop predator proof? Does it have enough ventilation for good health? What sort of bedding is best for my...

How many articles are we allowed to enter? :)

I forgot about this article, I've already entered 2 articles, if 2 is the limit, I will delete one of them to enter the following.

Article #3
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...signing-and-maintaining-a-healthy-coop.74615/

What is a healthy coop? A healthy coop breeds healthy birds. It's one that offers your flock the best environment to thrive and live a healthy life. How much room do chickens need? Is my coop predator proof? Does it have enough ventilation for good health? What sort of bedding is best for my...
Two is the limit for this contest, and there is no need to delete one, just let us know which two you want to enter and we'll make a note in the spreadsheet. :D

I don't think I entered this one last time because I was waiting to butcher the bird in order to finish it properly. But if I misremember then just ignore it. :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/slowpoke-a-reality-check-after-an-assisted-hatch.77702/
Slowpoke, a Reality Check After an Assisted Hatch

Slowpoke, a Reality Check After an Assisted Hatch

I had no intention of doing an assisted hatch. I am firmly of the belief that the first step in maintaining a healthy flock is to never perpetuate problems. However, after discussing it with people who knew more than I do, it seemed that the late egg from my first hatch, the one that had spent...

Since we can do two! ^^

Fun Fall Forage
Fun Fall Forage

Fun Fall Forage

As each night crisps a little more and I prepare my chicken shelter for another bitter winter, I'm taking advantage of all the greens available before the snow flies! The chickens have the opportunity to free range every afternoon, but their pasture is getting old and beaten down, so I like to...

Edit: Help, I meant to post that article in Housing and Feeding your Flock, NOT Injuries, Diseases, & Cures. Can someone fix that for me? I can't see anywhere to edit that.

Edit #2: Thanks @casportpony !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom