Ended Official BYC Contest - Guess When We'll Hit 22 Million Posts And You Can Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Violet. She actually laid an egg today and was sitting on it but finally got up so I went outside to collect all of the eggs and do a quick clean. She was dust bathing under the coop. She was pacing around and as soon as I moved away from the coop, up she went. In a different box than she was in but still. Sitting on nothing.

Definitely sounds like a broody to me. Beautiful hen, by the way.
Broody hens will get off of the nest at least once per day to eat, drink, and poop -- they probably bathe, too. She was probably waiting for you to leave the vicinity of the coop so that she could skitter back to a nest.

This is Violet. She actually laid an egg today and was sitting on it but finally got up so I went outside to collect all of the eggs and do a quick clean. She was dust bathing under the coop. She was pacing around and as soon as I moved away from the coop, up she went. In a different box than she was in but still. Sitting on nothing.

My silkie is doing this too! she sat on nothing all day 😳😳
And i have to let the flock closed because of a respiratory disease occured this autumn so can hatch nothing 😩

Yes, she sounds broody. The manner in which she moves also indicates such.

I am posting. You need to catch up slow poke.
Screenshot_20200525-143141.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom