Ended Official BYC Contest - Post your best broody and babies pic and win!

Awhile back, we had one of our hens (appropriately named "Fat Momma") go broody on us. We don't have a rooster, butttt..... we did however have two female Khaki Campbell ducks and a male who we LOVE....so we snuck some eggs under her. To my surprise, I walked out to FOUR babies this morning who had hatched out! One late little egg is still under her that we expect to hatch in a day or two. So here are our "chuckens" (the ducks raised by a chicken) for my two submissions.

Chuckens seems lots bigger than baby chicks. Wait till she sees them trying to swim in a water bowl. She does have a quizzical look on her face.

@drumstick diva - Yea, they are a bit bigger than her chicks would be haha! She does have a funny look on her face, but she loves them so much and is very gentle with them. Lots of "talking" between them!

@drumstick diva - She doesn't really seem to notice they're different, since she has not hatched chicks before.
tongue.png

@sjturner79 - No deep water around that they could get into luckily. I think when they get big enough to swim, as long as they're happy she will be happy!

That is interesting- that she never hatched before and wouldn't know what chicks looked like. How true -love is blind and so is broodihood, with prejudice towards none.:)

Awhile back, we had one of our hens (appropriately named "Fat Momma") go broody on us. We don't have a rooster, butttt..... we did however have two female Khaki Campbell ducks and a male who we LOVE....so we snuck some eggs under her. To my surprise, I walked out to FOUR babies this morning who had hatched out! One late little egg is still under her that we expect to hatch in a day or two. So here are our "chuckens" (the ducks raised by a chicken) for my two submissions.
"Chuckens," LOL! How totally adorable.

Back
Top Bottom