Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

I'm glad to know Kung Fu Henny's name...her pic is now on my desktop and I will be able to properly introduce her to everyone who comes into my house...lol...

Zazouse, was Barry your previous winner? He is pitiful--especially when you see how magnificent he looks with all his feathers!

Bald chicks rule.LOL
this little half pint is fearless when it come to her and her GF's one and only chick.
She is a frizzle
photo taken a couple weeks ago

That poor thing. She just looks.....wrong. This picture looks like she's hiding in the bushes. "Don't look at me! I'm naked."

This thread is great for laughs.

This is my entry for All other Breeds. She has lost her tail feathers and the neck is getting sparse. This picture was taken today, 10-12-2012. She is one of my Black Australorps.

She really must not like molting:

Here is my worst molter. This wonderful hen is named Petunia and she has a terrible molt every year. She is a 4 year old Easter Egger and is
a good layer. I feel so sorry for her when she molts because she seems so miserable. She seems to lose about 75 % of her feathers each molt. At night she tries to hide and wants to sleep in a nest box - I guess she must be cold. Petunia would not stand still for the camera on this day, so I did not get a great photo, so I took a few different angles. She is starting to get her feathers back here, so she does not look her worst at this point. But she still looks pretty bad, poor dear.

Poor patunia she looks like a porkypine
ep.gif

I'm glad to know Kung Fu Henny's name...her pic is now on my desktop and I will be able to properly introduce her to everyone who comes into my house...lol...

Zazouse, was Barry your previous winner? He is pitiful--especially when you see how magnificent he looks with all his feathers!
No Berry has never been in any contest but now his wattles and comb are really big sence he is grown older and he really looks terrible when he is molting now..
barnie.gif

Berry is always red under his feathers, i do not know where he got it from , neither of his parents had red skin like that, very strange
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom