Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures, Fall-Winter 2013

Holy Cow!!!

My flock is all first year, so I'm hoping I'm safe!! I'm in central PA and it gets plenty cold here, I'd hate to see them heading into winter naked!

Why would they molt at the end of summer and not mid spring??
That seems the reverse of logical to me....

I am so glad I saw this. If I had not and my chickens feathers started falling out I would panic. Yep, I am a newbe. Feel free to give me all kinds of helpful advice.

This is Tutu and she needs to be entered into the Frizzle catagory. (she is actually a frazzle) I have more pictures of her sadness if you need them. This is her recovery from molting, you can see her new feathers on her chest. lol

I am very afraid that if out chickens do that , my husband will put them down to prevent them from suffering. I better share these pictures with him so he can see they will recover...lol

I'm in central Virginia. My pullets have not begun to molt. If they do, and end up naked, do I bring them inside for warmth? I wouldn't want them to freeze. This will be my first winter with chickens. I'm already worried as it is.

This is Tutu and she needs to be entered into the Frizzle catagory. (she is actually a frazzle) I have more pictures of her sadness if you need them. This is her recovery from molting, you can see her new feathers on her chest. lol
What would happen if she went broody looking like that?

Back
Top Bottom