Ended Official BYC Contest - Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2015

My EE doesn't look bad going through her molt...until you realize she only has 1 tail feather!
lol.png

And now, she has no tail feathers at all; the last one fell out just this afternoon. I'll be so glad when she's back to normal, I miss her pretty eggs!

Here is my Frazzle
1f633.png
she once was pretty! Now we have a hard time not giggling. I feel so bad but it's hard not to. She needs a winter coat. I will say she lays the hugest eggs!!! Sometimes the size of our standards. I try to give her everything possible to have her plumage come back. Nothing works!
Yeah! She's growing her curly hair back. Finally !! I gave her a big bowl of seeds and let her go to town. Along with feed.

Last edited:
This is the only one I have with a real bad case of the molt left, mine never looked as bad as some of yours.

She has only one tail feather left and it sticks straiight up. From the front she looks like a 1950's stereotypical Indian brave, or Pochohantis.
I am thinking of naming her Pocohantis as she is just one of the unnamed masses now. A friend on another thread suggested that name, I like it as she is a very freindly hen and one of my first.

This is the only one I have with a real bad case of the molt left, mine never looked as bad as some of yours.

She has only one tail feather left and it sticks straiight up. From the front she looks like a 1950's stereotypical Indian brave, or Pochohantis.
I am thinking of naming her Pocohantis as she is just one of the unnamed masses now. A friend on another thread suggested that name, I like it as she is a very freindly hen and one of my first.

That is funny, it looks like she sat on a fire cracker
lol.png

Pochohantis suits her!

This is/was a Salmon Faverolles- she actually looks much worse in person. Her whole front and her legs are naked like someone plucked her.

Yeah! She's growing her curly hair back. Finally !! I gave her a big bowl of seeds and let her go to town. Along with feed.

Awesome!!!! Poor girl looked just awful!
She looks even better today !!! I'll post pics. I've been giving her LOTS of treats! She will not leave the coop either. She sits in the nesting box but isn't broody. Both my bantams have stated in box for 40+ days not wanting to come out while all the others do. I sometimes make them. Just to move around. That's a long haul in a coop!!
Edited : I have 5 standards molting right now as well. Seemed to happen over night

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom