Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—The Great Egg Sandwich Challenge!

Pics
Deviled Egg Salad on Brioche

20211116_115452_remastered.jpg
  • 1 thick, fluffy slice of Brioche, cut in half​
  • ** 6 bantam Cochin eggs​
  • Diced yellow onion​
  • Mayo​
  • Yellow mustard​
  • Nature's Seasons​
  • Onion powder​
  • Garlic powder​
  • Paprika​
  • Powdered mustard​
  • Salt and pepper​
** No substitutions. Bantam Cochin eggs only.

When I have it on biscuits, I cook it with lower salt so I can use more (I don't use flour in mine though) gravy...a little biscuit with my gravy 😁. Of course now I eat low carb so that's OK. I can have all the gravy I want 😋
If you don't use flour what do you use?

If you don't use flour what do you use?
I take tenderloins and cook them with salt, pepper, and butter if I need the fat. Then once they are cooked, I remove the loins and add strong coffee and add it to the pan and simmer until it's as thick and concentrated as I want it. It's more of an aus jus than a thickened gravy. My dad did it this way, but with salt pork. That's good too, but he would only put about a Tbs of gravy on a biscuit. I like lots of gravy, so I prefer the pan drippings from the tenderloin because I can control the salt. Then when I used to eat real biscuits, I would tear my biscuits into chunks and top with chopped tomatoes (salted to taste), then add aus jus/gravy to my preference. Sounds weird I know, but delicious. I have come across red eye gravy as a creamed gravy, but that just wasn't how my dad made it. Probably where he was raised. Redeye gravy is supposed to be a big red circle of coffee in a big bowl of pork fat. It separates and looks like a red eye staring at you if you imagine it well. I never liked it as a child. Apparently it grows on you...

Back
Top Bottom