Official BYC Poll: Are You Comfortable Injecting Vaccines or Medications Into Your Birds?

Are You Comfortable Injecting Vaccines or Medications Into Your Birds?

• I don’t know - it hasn't come up yet.

Votes: 84 49.7%
  • The vet or a more experienced friend does it for me.

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Yes, I’ve done it once or twice.

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • Yes, I’ve done it a bunch and I’m super comfortable with it.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 32 18.9%

• Total voters
Pics

BYC Project Manager

BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Feb 22, 2009
When it comes to raising chickens, health is always a top priority. After all, healthy chickens are more productive and more profitable in the long run. Unfortunately, many diseases can wipe out a large percentage of your chickens or leave them more vulnerable to other infections, costing you time and money. The good news is that vaccinations & medication exist for many of the most common chicken diseases, providing effective preventative measures to keep your chickens healthy.

So we would like to know: Are you comfortable injecting vaccines or medications into your birds?

Place your vote above, and please elaborate in a reply below if you chose "Other".

official byc poll (18).png

Further Reading:
(Check out more exciting Official BYC Polls HERE!)

When it comes to raising chickens, health is always a top priority. After all, healthy chickens are more productive and more profitable in the long run. Unfortunately, many diseases can wipe out a large percentage of your chickens or leave them more vulnerable to other infections, costing you time and money. The good news is that vaccinations & medication exist for many of the most common chicken diseases, providing effective preventative measures to keep your chickens healthy.

So we would like to know: Are you comfortable injecting vaccines or medications into your birds?

Place your vote above, and please elaborate in a reply below if you chose "Other".

View attachment 2888533

Further Reading:
Im an rn so lots of injection experience. Landmarking for IM on birds can be a challenge when they are small and im still very cautious before injecting. Quintuple check my spot.

View attachment 2888533

Further Reading:
I don't vaccinate my birds.

Would you be comfortable given a vitamin shot or an antibiotic shot if they needed it?
I stay clear from Antibiotics since I sell eggs, & it's a waste to toss the eggs.

I give oral vitamins, & vitamins to their water if needed.

Back
Top Bottom