Official BYC Poll: Crumbles, Mash, or Pellets?

Which feed type do you use?

• Crumbles

Votes: 344 57.7%
  • Mash

Votes: 56 9.4%
  • Pellets

Votes: 289 48.5%
  • Other

Votes: 71 11.9%

• Total voters
Pics
Right now my girls are fed Organiq (associated feeds) layer pellets and oyster shell free choice. In the future I would like to go back to fermenting it though, they definitely preferred it like that. They also live for whatever food scraps (within reason!) we have for them :pop

Ok this is the truth- I Waite until the can is almost empty or empty and do an emergency trip to the store and buy pellets or crumbles that are high protein prefer 20% or better but it is uncertain what the store have in stock. They get it dry in a treadle feeder 24/7 I feed it to them wet twice a day. They are on pasture and right now eating not so perfect vegetables from our garden.

I used mash for awhile, but I found it was way too dusty. They definitely wasted it more as well.
I finally gave it up after I got sick and started coughing stuff up. Yuck.

I use crumbles now, but they also free range and get whatever food scraps I have.

I use pellets for my quail, ducks, and adult chickens because it's much less waste. Additionally, the ducks don't seem to have as much of an issue with it getting stuck in their throat as they do with mash or crumbles. Back when I still used it, I would find about 1/2" of soggy mash in the bottom of the water trough every morning! Needless to say, that rapidly became rather old, and I was quite happy to switch back to pellets.

:lau mine are the same way! They would always raid the chick feeder whenever I let them out 😂🤣🤦‍♀️

Now I just have them all on Flockraiser cause it was easier with multiple cockerels and lots of chicks and everything. Plus I just like feeding everyone one thing. Much easier 😂🤣 at one point I was feeding like 3 separate feeds.
Now we know you just wanted to keep things complicated and to lug around four or five bags of feed every morning to the coop especially in the rain and try to keep everything straight between who all gets what for who, what, when, and where as well as how much of each in which specific feeder. Now my my my that just sound like a barrel of laughs every morning KDOGG!!🤣😂🤪🤣😜🤣😂😊😊

Back
Top Bottom