Official BYC Poll: How Many Chickens Do You Have + How Many Chickens On BYC?

How many chickens do you have in your flock ?

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • 1 - 3

Votes: 94 6.3%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 166 11.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 234 15.6%
  • 9 - 12

Votes: 225 15.0%
  • 13 - 15

Votes: 142 9.5%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 239 16.0%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 228 15.2%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 100 6.7%
  • 100+

Votes: 53 3.5%

• Total voters
Pics
NEEDLESS TO SAY...I LOVE CHICKENS AND ALL BIRDS FOR THAT MATTER! 14 CHICKENS ARE THE LEAST AMOUNT I HAVE HAD IN SEVERAL YEARS. I HAVE ONE THAT IS 10 YEARS OLD AND THIS LAST YEAR HAVE LOST A FEW JUST DUE TO OLD AGE. I AM EXCITED TO GET SOME MORE THIS WINTER/SPRING . WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT JERSEY BLACK GIANTS AND AUSTROLORPS? THEY ARE 2 BREEDS I HAVE NEVER HAD AND AFTER STUDYING ABOUT THEM, PRETTY SURE THAT'S WHAT I WILL ORDER. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THAT HAVE SOME THINK OF THEM. CHEERS! MAMA OWL

2- One red Frizzle bantam and One GoldLaced Seabright

New total 4118 + 2 = 4120

Nancy

Last edited:
2 Buff Orpingtons (Addy and Ethel)
1 Leghorn (Lucy-June)
2 Jersey Giants (black) (DeeDee and Edna Allan Toe)
1 Barred Rock (Boopsie)

So 4150 + 6 = 4156

Last edited:
RIP - Bertha, Darla, Helen, Judy, Katherine and Lucy - June 10th 2013

The irresponsible neighbors' dog took these girls 4 days after their second birthday, leaving me with Addy and Ethel. My other neighbor gave me the "when you fall off the horse, get back in the saddle" talk, so I acquired Lucy-June DeeDee, Toesie & Boopsie on June 14th. The new girls were 13 weeks old when I brought them home. After a few weeks of hiding out beneath the coop, the new girls have joined forces with Addy & Ethel, and are starting to recognize their names and learn the routine.

I plan to acquire a half-dozen day old chicks next spring, to bring the flock back up to an even dozen. That's about the maximum I can keep an eye on during free-range time. Since the tragedy in June, I have to stay outside and within earshot of them whenever the gate to their enclosure is open.

Last edited:
30 Brahma
10 araucana
>10 Ameraucana
>20 Flor d'Ametller (Catalan bantam breed)
2 Euskal Oiloa hens
1 Penedesenca cock
3 Guinea fowl
13 Turkey
>30 quails
6 empordanesa geese
2 king (Pigeon)
I think that's all.
Best regards,
Fran.

Back
Top Bottom