Official BYC Poll: Which aspect of keeping chickens do you enjoy the most?

Which aspect of keeping chickens do you enjoy the most?

• Total voters
My favorite minutes of chicken keeping are when my hens talk to me. I don't talk back much, mostly mmhm... yeah? ...ok... uh huh.
One in particular jibbers away at me as she eats
So i put companionship as #1.
I sure like the feeling of getting eggs and a slightly sustainable existence, meat grown in my yard. And garden health was sorely lacking before i got fertilizer-makers.
When I come from work I grab my chair and sit in the back and Tiny goes on my lap and tells me all the bad stuff the others do to her. She’s a sweetheart and they all pick on her.

Attachments

• 87D01D54-C8F5-4A2F-98F6-B59049D6D373.jpeg
    87D01D54-C8F5-4A2F-98F6-B59049D6D373.jpeg
    570.2 KB · Views: 7
My favorite minutes of chicken keeping are when my hens talk to me. I don't talk back much, mostly mmhm... yeah? ...ok... uh huh.
One in particular jibbers away at me as she eats
So i put companionship as #1.
I sure like the feeling of getting eggs and a slightly sustainable existence, meat grown in my yard. And garden health was sorely lacking before i got fertilizer-makers.

I have complete conversations with mine & sure the neighbors wonder if I've lost my marbles.

When I come from work I grab my chair and sit in the back and Tiny goes on my lap and tells me all the bad stuff the others do to her. She’s a sweetheart and they all pick on her.
Awww! she is so cute! I have a chicken like her to. I love her a lot. she snuggles next to me sometimes and I love it. She is at the bottom of the pecking order and I feel bad for her, but I love her a lot. Her name is Lily.

Awww! she is so cute! I have a chicken like her to. I love her a lot. she snuggles next to me sometimes and I love it. She is at the bottom of the pecking order and I feel bad for her, but I love her a lot. Her name is Lily.
I hatched her myself in my home made incubator. She thinks I’m her mom. She’s going to be 2 years old. She’s a hatching matching. Best mom ever.

Back
Top Bottom