Official BYC Poll: Which of These Breeds Is Your Favourite?

Which of these breeds is your favourite?

• Total voters
Out of the list, my favorite is the brahma, and I do keep them, so that's what I voted for.

My real favorite, though, are my ko shamos. They're an oriental game bantam, and they are so personable. They're extremely friendly with their humans and very easy to handle. I also love the way they look like little dinosaurs. Other people think they're ugly, though, haha, so to each their own.

If I had to keep just one breed of chicken, it would be them.

Eb-gwz5F1pHsptslljPErOCcAm1HswFispyUMb9YZHov4mcxQcQGfXoRlqSRUcOTrFgCR-Bq1zxojEA0EjRgxYpA5FAipFzOKbD5ZxFNfH0aNElF_k99EEyAvZ6ARIxp0vct6hcPfRJeAi7D9XvzVN7aJZ9qu0cqaZnn3WiVTfsQIB8lREJ1_j-Fwe4uCK7zgvtkHXbYUhLRKxbrrZxrqUQ3drelTv8UBq36CrANvkkUsywonUkmdjbMkmNtusv10P_ycIWKds91VJh50Y7PztCd3hfHCrnn3lgVMn00fHSHAI4Pyr-RHLwLvl-H6-Fq14jIiY0h_1xD28QKi29P2nDS0gJ4FUU49bmYh_dmQX1BKB3xaDNen0jvPqBXQ0sF3dg2Y2_2eAIuciE5AKsfXtkk3uKbyUtQ6MT6wAvXhfrqSLLiu8GrjZN-GMqiCcHKEVvZ5pI-ieCRRbGrLyaWttV5PZkc6RBWBHTIRUkN35evr5KPNE1Qgc3cUd8-qjk6_rqOQ8JLV8386pSgMpSTNm3gyhuSa2Y0u0QfIf7Ng7XhPgkIpwxp8zJ9tHKsncLa_3G5iAjLEJqCIw32HtMTa1Yp4LAwMxh45vWhSVQKAztN0C5R3o9mKKAMzx9hos8woS78zpEk6QW9hQSYi_thCzAm6i9iusFxTQL4hRe6r0_c5Q1A-R5N0f_zx4iK0g=w607-h937-no
Wow, that’s a cut chicken, never knew about them. How big in inches is that chicken

Wow, that’s a cut chicken, never knew about them. How big in inches is that chicken

I've never measured one, lol. They're fairly tall for their size, though, because of their carriage. He's probably about a foot tall, maybe a little taller.

Ameraucana is on there twice. Was one supposed to be Easter Egger maybe? I voted for Leghorn though because I absolutely LOVE my girl. She’s amazing. :love I personally think they’re quite underrated. A lot of people think they’re just boring production birds or whatever but my girl has so much personality and spark! :love EEs are probably my next favorite. Love mine. I’ve had 3 and currently have just 2 as well as two half EE chicks.
Same! I loved my leghorn hen, she would always try and hide her eggs from us by laying them all over. She was my favorite. Also, our leghorn roosters growing up were great roos, and I've heard from others on this site that leghorn roos are generally good roosters.

Plymouth rock are my second favorite breed of chicken. Never saw one that wasn't at least somewhat of a sweetheart. The main criteria for me are temperament and intelligence. Nothing worse than having to rescue a stupid flighty bird from a situation it got itself into (*cough* *cough* sebrights) while it fights and screams like you're an axe murderer.

My new fave is understandably not here -- Swedish Flowers. Smart and almost obnoxiously affectionate. I've never seen an entire flock of cuddle-bugs like the SFs I have. Every one of 19 birds wants to lap-sit, perch, or even be scratched in their own special spots.

I chose orpington although I do not have any , the jubilee orpington was the reason I wanted chickens to begin with. Theyre so beautiful! And orpingtons are raved about over their temperament more than any other breed I've researched. I hope to eventually own a few JOs but until then my personal favorite is the Salmon Favorelles. I have a rooster named Fatboy who is my favorite of all my chickens and the obvious leader of the flock. I also have one hen my daughter and I named Lacey who is much less affectionate with us. She hates us if im being honest , but nonetheless we try. Fatboy has a special place with me due to his illnesses as a chick but he fought through like a champ and is the most forgiving of me and my need for acknowledgement. He gripes but will always allow me to pick him up and dutifully perches on my shoulder -even if just to poop down my back. Insists on being the last in the coop and is just the best guy at only 7-8 weeks old! I truly hope he stays as perfect as he is now in the future.

This is too hard to choose.
I voted for Easter Egger. They come in many colors, great personality, and you can get green or blue eggs.

for bantam size:
Sebright Bantam
They are elegant! Striking beautiful with their perfection lace pattern appearance. Their rose comb and the breed being hen feathered make them overall so sophisticated looking. They are flighty but are very independent birds. My last rooster was very protective and mean. Would dare to get at your eyes. My feet were always pecked with a bloody mess! They know how to be the boss. I put large fowl into their home. They show WHO was on the pecking order despite their size.

Ok can someone put Sebrights in here? They are no favorite! They have such a personality! But between those options I would pick Americana (I cannot spell). I had a splash amaracona and she unfortunately passed away... but I love the breed!

Attachments

• DF8BFCC9-C8DE-47B3-BE17-B9921C504849.jpeg
    DF8BFCC9-C8DE-47B3-BE17-B9921C504849.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 1
  • EF727545-2D36-446B-939A-E11A4CE60476.jpeg
    EF727545-2D36-446B-939A-E11A4CE60476.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1B93B85D-81CF-447E-90B0-C5A4946CB0F3.jpeg
    1B93B85D-81CF-447E-90B0-C5A4946CB0F3.jpeg
    488.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom