Official BYC Poll: Why Did You Join BYC?

Why Did You Join BYC?

• I had a question

Votes: 155 50.2%
  • I had a problem

Votes: 75 24.3%
  • I like to contribute

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • I like the contests

Votes: 31 10.0%
  • To read articles and reviews

Votes: 123 39.8%
  • To help other people

Votes: 85 27.5%
  • To learn

Votes: 254 82.2%
  • To share my pics and stories

Votes: 89 28.8%
  • I like the social talk

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • To make friends

Votes: 59 19.1%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 15 4.9%

• Total voters
I joined when I got chickens for the second time and need to be more informed than my previous experience. I like learning about everyone's experiences with chickens and how they manage them.

The big plus for this site is all the wonderful people that share there love for there chickens.

As for Kiki why is she on the poll, is she that SPECIAL!!!!!! just kidding. 😄

I had a question and noticed how widespread this community was. So I joined in hopes of connecting local(talking an hour or less away) enthusiasts like me. Still no luck on that by the way. I know a few people that are keepers(or used to be but gave it up because of medical reasons) as well. But was hoping to find more and create a bit of a localized network of support.

Last edited:
I joined when I got chickens for the second time and need to be more informed than my previous experience. I like learning about everyone's experiences with chickens and how they manage them.

The big plus for this site is all the wonderful people that share there love for there chickens.

As for Kiki why is she on the poll, is she that SPECIAL!!!!!! just kidding. 😄
🙄🤚

A year ago today, a man gave me a dozen chicken eggs. After a bad experience some years before, I candled them and yes, they were fertile and some were developing. I panicked and came in here wanting to know how to try to hatch them. Some grew and one came close to hatching, but none made it. I've been here ever since.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom