• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
I love my Girls and Roo :love they are the best thing that ever happened to me since my accident. I find my Buff Orpington's are so inquisitive and love to follow me around the yard. If I am digging and turning over the soil they are right there looking for worms. They are great eggs layers and cuddly companions who love to be held :cd. I've raised them since they were just basically hatched too,:jumpy so we've really bonded. Don't know what I'd do without them?? :hit

1. I love the fresh eggs.
2. I need pets to care for and the company
3. They are cute, funny and interesting creatures.
4. They satisfy and fulfill an emotional component in my life.

I love the fresh eggs and also the kids love looking after them and their,s always a fight who,Sturm it is to collect the eggs. But you have to be quick because the minute you open the gate they make a run for it. Its so funny

I have chickens because of one day seeing an ad from someone that was giving away 5 hens and a rooster. He said "to a good home or can be slaughtered" No way was I going to ignore that and let someone kill them! So I tied a carrier on to the back of my motorcycle in temps that never got out of the 40's and brought Charlie and his angels home where they would be safe. Since then I lost 2 of them but have "rescued" 2 more hens. I sit outside a lot now which is something I didn't do before. I love watching them but just wish I had more money so I could build more coops for more chickens. I guess I should mention that I am an animal rights activist and a vegan. LOL

At first it was mainly for the eggs (and the additional dinner). After a short time I was fascinated and hooked. I love my Orps. Can't wait to have Lavenders, Cuckoos, and Chocolates! :) (and Jubilees and Whites and Partridge and...)

Mainly for the eggs, but living in the city, it makes me feel a little closer to my dream of living in the country.

Back
Top Bottom