Ended Official BYC Winter Contest Series—Winter on the Farm Photo Contest

Pics
I could only imagine! It would be a surprise if it snowed here, and I've never seen the bay area in snow so I could imagine remembering things like that, too; probably down to where I was and what I was doing 😂

Winter where I am is when I don't have to worry about watering the lawn & plants :p or feel bad about forgetting to water.

Red Bluff is usually where we fill-up on road trips to Washington or Idaho. Never traveled up there in the winter, maybe October.
Red Bluff is an odd place. It gets very hot in the Summer-- The record there is 121.9 and it is colder in the Winter than Woodland is.

How on esrth did you make them stay like that!
I had lined them up on that tree, and at the time, they didn't like snow that much, so they stayed. Now, about half of them love snow, so I probably wouldn't be able to get them to do that again. :lol:

I actually looked it up and 1976 was the last time it snowed in Stockton. Sounds like a very cold California that year.
It was colder sometime in the early 90's. We have colder days when we do not have rain.

In 1990 or 1991, we had lows close to 10F for two or three days that broke a lot of pvc water pipes. That has not happened since but when it does it causes a lot of damage!

Snow here happens rarely when a storm ends and there is instability showers. The wind turns from the South to the North and a brief snow can happen

This just shows there is hope for all...it never, ever snows here! (No chick pics in the snow...they won't come out of the coop!)
View attachment 2484063
View attachment 2484064
My girls had snow last year and they didn’t mind. They walked around in it until their little feet turned red! They were eating it and scratching around but I’m pretty sure they where mad about it covering up all their green goodies!

Back
Top Bottom