Official Pagan Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered these books today, An ABC of Witchcraft by Valiente(Sp?), Scott Cunninghams book, Wicca, A Solitary Guide and a couple of Llewellyn's Almanacs. Do you all think that these are good choices? I figure if I buy a few books each pay day, I will soon have a huge library!
tongue.png

Quote:
Sounds Great... I hope you are buying used though .. Its amazing how quickly the cost adds up.. I love Wicca, a solitary guide..Awesome book..

ebwy - the water is no problem , I swim like a fish. It's this blasted snow that gets in the way.
barnie.gif

Deb1 - Great start on the library , best to take it slow and not get overwhelmed with info . Scott is a great one to start with .

Mary

Quote:
I have to admit, the thought of buying more books makes me happy. So, it is a good thing that I have limited funds or else, I would probably overwhelm myself with reading.
lol.png

I bought the books on Amazon but will check out ebay for my next purchases.

Last edited:
Deb, I got a LOT of my Pagan and Wiccan books through www.paperbackswap.com. You should have SEEN how excited I got the day my Encyclopedia of Witchcraft arrived in the mail! The cheapest I'd been able to find it was 20 something on ebay and I'd just gotten it for FREE! I've gotten several decks of tarot cards, books on runes, books on herbal work, kitchen witch books, almanacs, astrology books and more.

Quote:
I think swimming that far might be a little tiring, Mary!
gig.gif

Deb, try nosing around second hand book shops, I read some interesting ones that I got really cheaply (just as well they were cheap as my mother threw them out...
smack.gif
she said they were evil and she wasn't going to store "those THINGS" in her house)

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif

Deb, try nosing around second hand book shops, I read some interesting ones that I got really cheaply (just as well they were cheap as my mother threw them out...
smack.gif
she said they were evil and she wasn't going to store "those THINGS" in her house)

is this where you are currently living at? i think i would make an investment into a nice box i could lock up and keep others out somehow. i seem to be a collector of nice little wooden boxes myself but i would look for a sturdy lock to keep others from breaking into.

edited to add: i don't have that problem with my dh getting into my boxes of stuff but my mom was notorious for going through things if i left them out and looked 'interesting' to brag about to others.

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif

smack.gif

Your mom sounds like mine when she Lost Her Mind... LOL My mom had it in her head that my books and stautes were causing demons to attack her... NO Mom... The voices in your head are called schitzaphrenia(sp?) LOL

Chickie'sMoma :

Quote:
is this where you are currently living at? i think i would make an investment into a nice box i could lock up and keep others out somehow. i seem to be a collector of nice little wooden boxes myself but i would look for a sturdy lock to keep others from breaking into.

edited to add: i don't have that problem with my dh getting into my boxes of stuff but my mom was notorious for going through things if i left them out and looked 'interesting' to brag about to others.

nah it was years ago, I couldn't take everything to my university accomodation so I left a load of books and general junk in my room at home. Came home to appease her at christmas and found a load of my books were missing, including a few textbooks I needed for the next term. They denied it at the time but I later found out they'd burned them! I did manage to get her to pay for the textbooks, but she still won't admit to getting rid of them. there were a few really interesting historical books about persecution etc too
sad.png
what makes it worse is that she had to have been digging through my stuff to even see them as they were all boxed up neatly with my other textbooks etc that I hadn't needed that term, and most of the textbooks were in languages she doesn't read anyway and they were always on the top so I could find them easily if I needed to take them back to uni with me! And I can't think why she'd need to look through what appeared to be a box of books she can't read anyway...​

Quote:
gig.gif

smack.gif

Your mom sounds like mine when she Lost Her Mind... LOL My mom had it in her head that my books and stautes were causing demons to attack her... NO Mom... The voices in your head are called schitzaphrenia(sp?) LOL

oh dear! mam was going through her hyper-christian phase so when questioned she lied and said that she didn't know what had happened to my books (isn't that a sin? LOL) then "and anyway, I don't want evil THINGS like that in my house..." (what, including historical texts that I needed for my degree? just because they were about celtic gods etc? ) and on being questioned about what could be evil about a book about attitudes to a subject etc, said "I just worry, must be because I'm a mother!" because of course that made perfect sense.... bleh! She did seem genuinely convinced that those books were allowing evil things into her home just by sitting there, boxed
he.gif

of course, she also has the worlds most intense case of denial so because this incident wasn't good she now doesn't know what I'm talking about when I mention it... so I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom