Official Seed Exchange/swap Thread ***SIGN UP CLOSED***

This is my first year to start saving any seeds, and I only have one variety of fruit that I have saved seeds on so far this season (horrible heat wave and drought) Is one type of seed enough to participate?

Yes!!!! If you only have 1 type to share, that is perfectly welcome.

Thank you for participating, I will add you to the list
big_smile.png

Oh! Me! I want to join! But this was my first year gardening & I don't think I have anything to offer - I have grocery store seed plants that likely won't produce "true" offspring. Suggestions?

OK, all. Sign up ends Sunday. So far we have a good number of participants so this should be very fun. Imagine all the different kinds of seeds we will be getting soon!! YAY!

Fall is when you plant sweet peas here in SoCal.

I plan on surrounding parts of my winter veggie garden with them, If I buy an extra package I will throw those in as well.

BUT I had a elderly parents health issue come up and expect to be tied up next week and thus running a bit behind.

I am guessing I will not have time to package and mail until the Tuesday after labor day. Let me know if that is going to be an issue

Quote:
As the parent of 6 ranging in age from 6 - 22 and grandparent of 2, I know for a fact that life happens when we least expect it. I do not speak for everyone, but I am sure the rest of the participants would not mind if we pushed the mail date out a bit.

I hope you parents are doing better and that YOU are doing well, too. I know that is a stress that we tend to downplay in our lives.

Thanks!

I will know better what life has instore for me next week. Should mom be put on a BP med, I have to stay with her. Seeing as she hates docs and meds.....this should be interesting. Alternatively, I may be building hand rails all through her yard.

I also collected some "4 O'clock" seeds in both pink (not the deep hot pink) and yellow.

And MORE calendulas. My 52 weeks in the California Garden says now is the time to start them to plant in 6 weeks

Back
Top Bottom