oh boy.. I went to Southern States today...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ajcress, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ajcress

ajcress Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    I went to southern states today and bought 16 peeps. 4 rir, 4 buffs, 4 Blk Australorps ( all pullets) and 4 EE's! I came home got them settled in and guess what?!?!
    My husband came home and suprised me with 6 cochin st. run peeps, 2 blk pullets which are either blk stars or blk jiants and 2 more rir's!!! I really must have been a good girl huh!!!!
    On top of all of this excitement I also have had 3 hatchlings this past week from my own chickens 1 in which is an orphin. I am so happy that I had a few of my own eggs hatch. I would like to thank everyone who offered me advise. I really appriciated it and again thank you!

Oh... 1 more thing as soon as I figure out how to get pics on here I will display my new additions to the family.

Thanks,
    Athena

2. blb

blb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Maryland
    wow! you hit the jackpot!!!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I didn't know SS was getting in chickies...ut ohhhh, I may have to make a trip into town just to look [​IMG]

My TSC didn't get any in..........

You really did good....

4. ajcress

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    Southern States recieved theirs yesterday for the first time. I would call the one up your way just to see but the one here ( Sabraton, WV) will be getting more shippments !!!!!!! I am sooooo excited.
    I was amazed that they had as much to choose from and that all but the cochins and bantams were sexed. If you buy a bunch you get a discount. I bought 16 and got mine for 2.06. I thought I did good too. Thank you. they even have malards and muscovies.

5. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

You lucky chick!!!! You really scored big!!!! Are you going to go back and get some ducklings now??? LOL

Lori

6. ajcress

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    I am seriously thinking about it!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by