Eight. I'll get more, I'm sure. The coops have roosting and nest-box space for twelve in each, but no real inside floor space. We just let them out early in the morning and close the doors at night.

Having a bunch of little coops that only sleep a few birds so the flock splits up at night seems pretty common. Maybe you'd get separate social-groups if the coops are far apart, but rows of them work

Eight. I'll get more, I'm sure. The coops have roosting and nest-box space for twelve in each, but no real inside floor space. We just let them out early in the morning and close the doors at night.

Having a bunch of little coops that only sleep a few birds so the flock splits up at night seems pretty common. Maybe you'd get separate social-groups if the coops are far apart, but rows of them work fine.
Yes I'd put it right next to the other
I don't do FB either, craigslist or on your BYC state thread are 2 other options. You can also put up flyers at your local feed stores
Thank you! And I will put them right next to eachother. I will make sure to integrate them properly and since they're outside roaming together all day anyway hopefully won't have an issue. I posted on a thread in my state page so fingers crossed my roo finds a new home soon.

I don't have fb, do you know any other places I can try to find a new home? We raised them from day old chicks so I hate to see him used for meat.
I don't have FaceBook either. Under the "Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade" section, you can post your rooster there for rehoming. Note that it might take a bit for someone to want him because of his aggression. I would not personally sell birds on any site other than BackYard Chickens, because I have seen some roosters accidentally rehomed to cockers.

Back
Top Bottom