Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Muggsmagee, Jan 6, 2011.

1. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thats a bit steep for 1st gen crossbreeds. lol Also, how would you know someone is keeping a "hoard" of chickens? Seriously? How? And I thought it said breeding trio, but then ad goes on to say that they will add a salmon male? Strange. lol

2. Sweetened

Sweetened Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Well.. I did one the other week.

I found out there's a grass-fed cattle farm not far from me that sells meat. They advertise custom packages so I sent an email:

"What's included in your 50lb custom packages? Is there a set amount of roast, ribs, ground beef, bacon and stew meat, or can you opt out of ground beef?"

Bacon... from a cow... Right sweets, real smart. He writes back:

"Bacon on a cow? Never heard of it, but I'm always willing to try to invent the concept."

Oi! *facepalm headdesk*

For the record, I consider myself an intelligent individual, however I am blonde.

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG]

Thanks for the honesty! [​IMG]

4. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    Quote:I didn't know any state actually used the stamps anymore. I thought it all was the debit cards....

5. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Oh...he was really kind to respond that way. I like self depricating humor...it's all good! [​IMG]

6. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I can't find the link now that I'm looking for it, but someone was advertising a service on my local Craigslist (painting, general handyman) and they had a link to their website. On the website, there was a really bad typo. Instead of INCONVENIENCE, someone wrote INCONTINENCE. I have no idea how you could mix those 2 up!

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:That is quite the mix-up. [​IMG]

Although..............having incontinence is an inconvenience.

8. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:That is quite the mix-up. [​IMG]

Although..............having incontinence is an inconvenience.

[​IMG] Seriously very funny!!!! I love reading posts that trigger a belly laugh! All the family (dogs included) are staring at me! Apparently random laughing is weird to them! [​IMG]

9. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Quote:Oh...he was really kind to respond that way. I like self depricating humor...it's all good! [​IMG]

Wait, what??? Never heard of bacon from a cow??? Beef bacon is really really good, much much better than any turkey bacon I've ever had. And quite common. But maybe only where there are higher concentrations of Jews and Muslims? Which, luckily, I have always lived in those types of areas. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  10. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Date: 2011-08-22, 11:40AM EDT
    Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

One young hen lays 3 to 4 eggs a week. 813 408 7512

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Riggghhhhht , a $20 hen of the mystery breed that only lays 3-4 eggs a week........ [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by