Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

2 Sebright male chickens - $10

Date: 2012-03-04, 8:54AM CST

Two very beautiful 17 week old Silver-Laced Sebright bantam roosters for sale. Both have been vaccinated for Marek's Disease. Have too many roosters for my females, and need to thin them out. Been raised on organic feed, as well as being free range during the day.

Wish to have $10 each, or take both for $15. Or willing to trade for quality square hay or straw bales. OBO

Email if interested
So this is a post I made and I put it up on Craigslist, and today I had someone who said he would pay $7 which I said was alright then he said "a want femal". What gave any indication that we had a female chickens up for sale? Oh, and what happened to being polite? A please would have at least been welcome!

2 Sebright male chickens - $10

Date: 2012-03-04, 8:54AM CST

Two very beautiful 17 week old Silver-Laced Sebright bantam roosters for sale. Both have been vaccinated for Marek's Disease. Have too many roosters for my females, and need to thin them out. Been raised on organic feed, as well as being free range during the day.

Wish to have $10 each, or take both for $15. Or willing to trade for quality square hay or straw bales. OBO

Email if interested
So this is a post I made and I put it up on Craigslist, and today I had someone who said he would pay $7 which I said was alright then he said "a want femal". What gave any indication that we had a female chickens up for sale? Oh, and what happened to being polite? A please would have at least been welcome!

John Merek's disease? There are "elephant chickens"? AWESOME!

Heres a funny one I can relate to... it's in the "Free" section
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/zip/2891805786.html

palm trees (ramona)

Date: 2012-03-08, 1:37PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

i have 6 palm trees i dont like. you can dig them out and take them. i can take down part of fence to squeeze a tractor back there if needed, just dont tear up my whole yard.

NOTES: if you see the ad, i still have them. price is firm. no trades. text me if your afraid of calling strangers. my name is Bill (760)898-432niner. dont ask me "whats the least you'll take", i hate that.

KEYWORDS: dune buggy sand rail sandrail honda atc hot rat rod vintage

lau.gif
Love the "key words"

palm trees (ramona)

i have 6 palm trees i dont like. you can dig them out and take them. i can take down part of fence to squeeze a tractor back there if needed, just dont tear up my whole yard.

NOTES: if you see the ad, i still have them. price is firm. no trades. text me if your afraid of calling strangers. my name is Bill (760)898-432niner. dont ask me "whats the least you'll take", i hate that.

th.gif
I think they mean brooder...I wonder how representative of the population these craigslist ads are? I am truly amazed at the lack of ability to spell simple words and compose coherent sentences. it scares me to think there are that many semi-illiterate people out there. I try to tell myself that English probably isn't their first language but somewhere deep the recesses of my mind I don't believe it...lol

According to my chemistry professor, about 90% of the "news" articles in this country are written at the 4th to 6th grade reading level. Most of the rest are written at up to about an 8th grade reading level. Makes one feel intelligent, doesn't it? I attribute much of the atrocious spelling to the public school's decision years ago to encourage "spell it like it sounds". If you've ever worked in retail, in hiring, or anywhere else where one deals with a wide segment of the general public... then I imagine that you too see just how much trouble this country is really in.

Key words are funny, but so is the """whats the least you'll take", i hate that.""" its in the free section... I don't think anyone will be expecting to pay anything!
idunno.gif

palm trees (ramona)

Back
Top Bottom